Brow tint colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
After my course in February I bought in light brown, natural brown, black, graphite and blue black (lashes)

I hardly use light brown. And hardly use graphite but nice to have to mix for ashy tones

Wondered what colours you all keep and use most for brows

I'm finding a need for a reddish one to mix with brown, would you recommend I buy a red or s chestnut?

Thanks x

After my course in February I bought in light brown, natural brown, black, graphite and blue black (lashes)

I hardly use light brown. And hardly use graphite but nice to have to mix for ashy tones

Wondered what colours you all keep and use most for brows

I'm finding a need for a reddish one to mix with brown, would you recommend I buy a red or s chestnut?

Thanks x
If these are Refectocil you can't mix Chestnut with anything!
We had the whole range of Refectocil but stopped using them when they decided clients had to be patch tested prior to every visit ... perhaps they have come to their senses within the last year?
We use black with brown, brown with grey, grey on its own, and blue/black for lashes.
We still use Refectocil Chestnut.
x

Thank you for the reply :)

Oh lord what a faff!
On my course we were told after the initial patch test that you only needed to test again if they went longer than 6 months without another

So if you wanted to add a touch of red, should I buy the red rather than chestnut do you think? X

Thank you for the reply :)

Oh lord what a faff!
On my course we were told after the initial patch test that you only needed to test again if they went longer than 6 months without another

So if you wanted to add a touch of red, should I buy the red rather than chestnut do you think? X
Well glad to see common sense has prevailed ... does it actually say that on the advice sheet inside the box? Just want to check before I consider using them again.
Yes a tiny bit of red until you get the correct shade.
xx

Well glad to see common sense has prevailed ... does it actually say that on the advice sheet inside the box? Just want to check before I consider using them again.
Yes a tiny bit of red until you get the correct shade.
xx

Blossom ... this is still up on their web site :)

Is a Skin Sensitivity Test/Patch Test necessary?

YES YES & YES! There are a small number of individuals who may have an allergic reaction to tints, hair dyes and other chemical treatments. It is only in rare situations that the reaction can be severe. The comfort of the client is essential - to eliminate any discomfort Refectocil strongly recommends a skin sensitivity test be performed before EVERY application. Even people who have their eyelashes and eyebrows tinted regularly can still have an allergic reaction. If the client refuses to have this test, it is worthwhile having as salon policy that the customer would have to sign a waiver. Please read carefully the instructions on how to perform a skin sensivity test which are included with every Refectocil tint.

Blossom ... this is still up on their web site :)

Is a Skin Sensitivity Test/Patch Test necessary?

YES YES & YES! There are a small number of individuals who may have an allergic reaction to tints, hair dyes and other chemical treatments. It is only in rare situations that the reaction can be severe. The comfort of the client is essential - to eliminate any discomfort Refectocil strongly recommends a skin sensitivity test be performed before EVERY application. Even people who have their eyelashes and eyebrows tinted regularly can still have an allergic reaction. If the client refuses to have this test, it is worthwhile having as salon policy that the customer would have to sign a waiver. Please read carefully the instructions on how to perform a skin sensivity test which are included with every Refectocil tint.

To be honest I'm rather confused about the whole patch testing situation for Refectocil! I recently went on a refresher brow course and the educator did say patch test all new clients and every six months for regulars, yet the manual does state every treatment! She did actually mention though that they are in the process of trying to produce little individual patch test tattoos (like the ones they send out prior to attending the course). These can be posted to clients and they are asked to do the test 48-24 hours before treatment and leave it on to show the therapist as proof. But I think this may not be entirely straight forward as presumably they'd have to produce one for each colour to be really accurate?

Very strange, did not for one minute question what I'd been taught about these exact products

Are other brands the same?

We use Strictly Professional.
If ALL these companies finally decide on patch testing before every treatment - this service will be removed from our menu!!!!

We use Strictly Professional.
If ALL these companies finally decide on patch testing before every treatment - this service will be removed from our menu!!!!

It would be a complete nightmare!

Latest posts

Back