Brow tint - Refectocil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OfficialEsti

Official Esthetician
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently looking for a good brow tint that not only tints the brows but stains the skin to cover sparse areas. I have tried Delia as well as another brand but they don't stain the skin, it just wipes right off. I have tried leaving it on longer but that doesn't help either.

I have also tried brow gels, and pomades such as NYX that claim to be water-proof but after applying to a client and it wearing off after a few hours because she sweats, I was disappointed with that as well.

I haven't tried Refectocil yet, and I don't want to invest in another product unless I know it is going to work the way I need it too. I have spent a little $100 so far on these other brands, only to be disappointed.

I use Refectocil and i dont find it dyes the skin at all, although i am careful with it and i use vaseline on the surrounding areas as i am trying not to dye the skin anyway!
Have you tried Anastasia Dip Brow? It doesnt budge on me even after a run. Also Wunderbrow - not tried that one myself but it gets good reviews.

I've heard Anastasia is good, will have to take the plunge and invest in it. It's like 18 bucks and I need at minimum 3 colors: black, dark brown and blonde... I've seen Wunder Brow as well and planned on trying that too

We use Refectocil in our salon and as long as you use a cotton bud to tidy up the brow shape it should not tint the skin. We just have the black and the natural brown in our salon and the brown caters for the majority of clients as it goes darker the longer you leave it on.

Hope this helps!

Hello, I am currently looking for a good brow tint that not only tints the brows but stains the skin to cover sparse areas. I have tried Delia as well as another brand but they don't stain the skin, it just wipes right off. I have tried leaving it on longer but that doesn't help either.

I have also tried brow gels, and pomades such as NYX that claim to be water-proof but after applying to a client and it wearing off after a few hours because she sweats, I was disappointed with that as well.

I haven't tried Refectocil yet, and I don't want to invest in another product unless I know it is going to work the way I need it too. I have spent a little $100 so far on these other brands, only to be disappointed.

Have you tried the 3D or 4D brow extensions?? The 3D are individual brow hairs attached to existing hairs on the brow to give a fuller effect. With 4D brow, we use textured skin paints, a feathering technique, that looks like hair strokes on the skin. Then the brow extensions are applied to the skin paints to give the effect of real full brow hairs

[merged posts]

If you buy the Anastasia Dip Brow, I would get Taupe and Dark Brown to cover 99% of bases. The Taupe is suitable for blonde hair (applied lightly) right through to mid-brown and I have used Dark Brown on medium brown through to black hair. If you like the formula you might want to add extra shades but I wouldn't bother with anything other than those two colours initially - I have a Brow Wiz pencil in Chocolate and a medium brown Mac skinny brow pencil and that's all I carry in my kit. I've not been caught short yet - although I will probably get an auburn shade at some point. Another suggestion is that you get a bottle of Inglot Duraline, which is a sealer that makes products waterproof. You could use that on top of brow pencil or pomade. The Anastasia Dip Brow is definitely waterproof already though.

The refectocil dark brown dyes the skin really well, but the light brown does not (best for blondes). I dont recommend leaving it on long enough that it does that unless the client has very very dark hair on their head or they will look a bit weird. Remember staining only really lasts up to 3 days though.

Appraise and Belmacil are best if you want to tint the skin! However it will only last a few days and be careful the belmacil dark brown is REALLY dark!:)

Reflectocil does not stain skin in my experience.

The refectocil dark brown dyes the skin really well, but the light brown does not (best for blondes). I dont recommend leaving it on long enough that it does that unless the client has very very dark hair on their head or they will look a bit weird. Remember staining only really lasts up to 3 days though.

In my training (using refectocil), my model had tattooed brows and to ensure an even colour throughout, I was taught to wipe off and to reapply to the starting point of the brow (nose end) to dye the skin as she had no hair there. It worked really well but as mentioned, it won't last anywhere near as long as the tinted hairs.

Buy the tint remover lotion it removes all tint on the skin

They all have the potential to stain skin. It all depends on your application what with the goal being just to dye the hair only.

Latest posts

Back