Brow tint - small area not tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stacy

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

One of my clients has a small area on her left brow that does not tint, no matter what I do, or how long I leave the tint on for.

Has anyone has any ideas on what is making that area stubborn and is there anything that I can do to make it tint. Any ideas will be gratefully received as although my client is happy with the result, it is really bugging me, thank you :)

Are the hairs in that area grey/white? I guess you're already thoroughly cleansing and drying the brows prior to applying the tint.

Hi Pure, thanks for your reply.

I thoroughly cleanse and dry the area before tinting and the rest of the brows take beautifully so the little area that doesn't take is a mystery. My clients brows are mainly quite dark with some fairer hairs in this stubborn area (under the arch) and as the skin doesn't tint there either it shows up like a sore thumb to me.

Do they eventually take if you leave the tint on longer just on the stubborn ones?

I cover the entire brow with tint for the required time (approx 10 mins) and then remove. I then repeat the process with the stubborn area only and on my last appointment repeated about 3 times so I was there for quite a while but it still didn't take on that area.

I go a good shade darker on the ends if required. Seems to work.

Thanks eternalscot, I haven't ever thought about using a darker shade on part of a brow as I'd be worried the difference would be too noticeable but if it works then its handy to know. The problem with this client is if the area isn't taking at all with one shade I think it probably still won't take with another shade. I'm seeing the client tonight and will be tinting again so will let you know how I go on.

I would just apply some neat developer to that area first and then apply the colour.

So I went to see my client earlier and tinted her brows again but the untinted area still remains.

Angelina221 I'm sorry to say I missed your post before the appointment but it sounds like a really good idea, and as it is now my mission to get this area sorted, I can't wait to try that method next time to see if it will solve the problem.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to post x :)

Latest posts

Back