Brow Tinting Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv Lashes

Reaction score
Hi
If I'm doing a brow tint can I only tint the clients natural brow hair or could I also tint the clients skin to obtain an improved shape.
I've only tinted the hairs previously but have been thinking if it would be OK to tint the skin a little I could obtain a imporved brow shape in many cases
Any advice is appreciated
Thanks

like you i have not tinted the skin before but i reckon thats what they do for hd brows !! hope you get lots of replies to this x

Hi!
I always tint my own eyebrows weekly cause I love the look and love that I dont have to fill them in with powder (only now do that when I go out)
But I always tint slight parts of my skin. When you tint the eyebrow the tint technically goes on the skin underneath the hair anyway which helps to give it that fuller look.
I always tint the skin towards the end of my eyebrows as the hair there is so thin. I think its fine to tint the skin but dont think you should tint loads, theres only so much you can do with a client who has thin eyebrows. You cant work miracles!! But deffo to improbe the shape, fill in gaps etc!
Make sure a patch test has been carried out on your client always!! Spesh if your planning to tint some of the skin x

Hi!
I always tint my own eyebrows weekly cause I love the look and love that I dont have to fill them in with powder (only now do that when I go out)
But I always tint slight parts of my skin. When you tint the eyebrow the tint technically goes on the skin underneath the hair anyway which helps to give it that fuller look.
I always tint the skin towards the end of my eyebrows as the hair there is so thin. I think its fine to tint the skin but dont think you should tint loads, theres only so much you can do with a client who has thin eyebrows. You cant work miracles!! But deffo to improbe the shape, fill in gaps etc!
Make sure a patch test has been carried out on your client always!! Spesh if your planning to tint some of the skin x

Unless my client is really fair, then I always tint the skin. It gives a much more defined look to the eyebrows. If you use the Refectocil range then you will find that this has an ingredient that acts like a very temp tattoo.

You must advise your client that use of sunbeds, and certain face creams will make the tint fade much quicker tho.

Good luck.

Yes you can tint the skin but it won't last long, but great for a night out.

As a tint is formulated to stain/dye 'Keratin' it will only stain the skin for a short time unless the client doesn't wash the area ;)
I would suggest you get your client to use a powder or pencil to fill it in on a more regular bases.

Yes tint the skin make sure that the area is well cleansed under the hair as they may have eye cream on and this will form a barrier and the tint wont take.It will only last a few days anyway.

A good retail product are Christian eyebrows a mineral powder which comes in various shades and will last until removed with make up remover.It also comes with various stencils.My sister in law used this after her chemo and it was excellent.Izabelle Hammon are the suppliers for wholesale.

Thanks for the replies
Went to wholesaler today to buy the Refectocil range but they only had natural brown not light brown.
My client is an older lady with bleached blonde hair & dosen't like her brows too dark.
I don't want to make her brows orange so was hoping to get the Refectocil Light Brown but not in stock can anyone recommend an alternative or do I just leave the natural brown on less time?
Any advice appreciated

Thanks for the replies
Went to wholesaler today to buy the Refectocil range but they only had natural brown not light brown.
My client is an older lady with bleached blonde hair & dosen't like her brows too dark.
I don't want to make her brows orange so was hoping to get the Refectocil Light Brown but not in stock can anyone recommend an alternative or do I just leave the natural brown on less time?
Any advice appreciated

I have the natural brown and im finding it does tint quite dark so I would literally put it on and wipe it off and then do it again for a bit longer if necessary.

Combinal brown is really really light. Is her hair ashy bleached or a warm bleach? If she is ashy then you need to mix a quarter of grey to the amount of brown, if a warm bleach then just use the brown.

Latest posts

Back