Brow tinting going purple

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rj191

Reaction score
Hi all
What brand of tint do you use? I use these ones (photo attached) from Sally’s. I have noticed though whenever i do brow tinting, i usually use brown and add a blob of black if client is not wanting a warm tone, that when i wipe it off it comes out quite purpley looking! More like the blue/black colour. The brown also is never dark enough!
Any advise please?
fea0925c9b16a85b5651032c795d2e61.jpg

I’ve noticed that too with this tint. Very strange. Doesn’t always happen though.

Try Refectocil, it's a darker brown and I have no need to add black. It's Natural brown 3.
Sometimes a brown tint opened for a long time can go off and become a strange colour, never seen mine go purple but I have had khaki. Not nice.
HTH

Try Refectocil, it's a darker brown and I have no need to add black. It's Natural brown 3.
Sometimes a brown tint opened for a long time can go off and become a strange colour, never seen mine go purple but I have had khaki. Not nice.
HTH

Thanks I will give that a go!

I have used this tint i find that the brown alone is fab its when you mix the black in that you get the "purple/blue tone" if you want a darker tone apply black first for 1 min and then wipe off and then go over with the dark brown to make up the time (5mins or so)

hope this helped

Just a guess but I should imagine it is the ratio of colour that the tints are made up of and how they are mixed together also how long the tints have been exposed to the air.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back