Brow tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siana

Reaction score
Morning all,

I did my lash and brow tinting course a few months ago and have been happily tinting lots of lashes and the odd brows - but on quite dark haired people. I just wondered, do you all tint the whole brow or can you just tint certain parts to really bring out the shape and create a more blended, natural look. I was thinking this would be an idea especially on very blonde people so as not to create artificial looking brows if you know what I mean! I only have brown, black and blue black tints or maybe there is a lighter colour out there than brown???

Refectocil do a wide range of colour tints they do different shades of brown aswell as a blonde tint.

Hi, it depends on the client. I have have people who come in with obvious lighter patches on their brows, therefore I would put the tint on the lighter bits to match the rest as much as possible and then quickly go over the rest at the end just to blend and make more even/natural looking.

If I have a blonde client in with an ashe tone I would mix the brown tint with a bit of grey or if they are strawberry blonde I would just use the brown as it is quite orangey anyway.If you don't have grey tint then I would highly recommend getting one. It makes all the difference.

Thanks for that - have now found other colours so will be ordering - I wish I had done tinting much sooner, I didn't realise how popular it would be!

If I have a blonde client in with an ashe tone I would mix the brown tint with a bit of grey or if they are strawberry blonde I would just use the brown as it is quite orangey anyway.If you don't have grey tint then I would highly recommend getting one. It makes all the difference.[/QUOTE]

Agree with all of the above, just thought I would add that on fair brows like my own I just sort of paint the brown tint over to define but don't work the tint in with the brush as I look a bit evil with dark brows. Some blonde clients want the same and others want it worked in and like it dark. hth

If I have a blonde client in with an ashe tone I would mix the brown tint with a bit of grey or if they are strawberry blonde I would just use the brown as it is quite orangey anyway.If you don't have grey tint then I would highly recommend getting one. It makes all the difference.

Agree with all of the above, just thought I would add that on fair brows like my own I just sort of paint the brown tint over to define but don't work the tint in with the brush as I look a bit evil with dark brows. Some blonde clients want the same and others want it worked in and like it dark. hth[/QUOTE]

How long do you leave it on for? I would apply the same as any other brow tint but vary time in which the tint stays on.

Again it just depends on the darkness of colour the clients wants, for my own brows depending on which brand of tint I'm using i only leave it on 30 seconds to 1 minute. Even this short amount of time makes a huge difference for me. And I only do one brow at at time for fair brows so you can see the contrast more clearly and if it needs a little more etc. Nothing worse for a client with blonde brows to come out too dark lol

Latest posts

Back