Brow wax advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnaw1510

Reaction score
I’ve recently done a course for highly defined brows. Feel like there’s so much to learn still. Brows are definitely an art!

These are my first paying client. Please can you advise, how I can improve?
Shroud I have taken away those few I’ve highlighted with the white line?? Or altered them differently!??

Spending my time studying brows but definitely need more knowledge of brow shape etc

Would be grateful for any advice please x

Attachments

• F88B3AD5-C7C7-479B-93AC-7DF29E8A2B96.jpeg
    F88B3AD5-C7C7-479B-93AC-7DF29E8A2B96.jpeg
    541.8 KB · Views: 87
Did you do your training with HD Brows? If so you should be able to post on their facebook group to get feedback. The shape of the brow looks good, but client has a slight hook brow, so depending on what they've asked for, it'd be good to reduce the size of the bulb while waiting for the lower arch to grow out. You can always use a bit of thread at the end to check your lines and make sure you're happy with the shape. X

Did you do your training with HD Brows? If so you should be able to post on their facebook group to get feedback. The shape of the brow looks good, but client has a slight hook brow, so depending on what they've asked for, it'd be good to reduce the size of the bulb while waiting for the lower arch to grow out. You can always use a bit of thread at the end to check your lines and make sure you're happy with the shape. X

Thanks for you reply :)
No, I did a Highly Defined Brow course with the Beauty Academy as the HD one was unfortunately out of my price range.

So the client should grow the lower arch more?
Thank you

From a Beauty and Science point of view the brow shape is dictated according to the Phi golden ratio naturally according to the clients facial structures. Luckily if you measure the brows accurately enough at the beginning of each treatment you can work this out there are then. E.G. get the to stare straight ahead and where the pupil is in alignment with a spatula or pencil from nose to brow over pupil. Thats where you start to take away hair. You've probably been shown this. The client will determine the thickness of said brow. Best to start a little at a time so as not to take too much off. When I started we were always taught to put petroleum jelly on the brow that we didn't want to take off before applying any wax. That way if we spilled any wax it wouldn't stick. If it does you can comb it off and start again. Your right its an art form and all artists should take their time. Brows are something that can't be rushed because its your reputation if you mess them up. There are always tweezers just in case you want to make some fine adjustments.

Nicky x

Latest posts

Back