Brow wax help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

em79

Reaction score
Hi girls just done a much needed eye brow wax on a new customer. Just need a little advice because inever touch the top of the brows as I've been told not to just do underneath and at the side. My customer had very messy brows and I did a dab job of tidying them and reshaping them but I would touch the top and now I'm thinking maybe I should of. They looked fab when I'd finished but can someone please advice me should I do the tops as well.
Look forward to hearing your replies x

I always have the tops of mine done, if a therapist wouldn't touch the top id have to go elsewhere, the tops of mine grow a bit erratic lol sorry I can't help just thought I'd say my bit from a client point of view x x

It usually depends on the client ask your client whether they would like the tops done.

I always wax above the brow to make it defined and neat.

I do not take hair out from the actual brow line unless they clearly don't belong there.

Jacqui xx

Im glad Ive stumbled across this thread, Ive been taught never to go above the brow line. Frustrating how different people will teach you different ways but I guess thats beauty for you :rolleyes:

I think a brow wax definitely looks better if you wax above, usually if they have dark hair. However I would never evr go anywhere near the shape at the top of the brow, so many people have come to me that have been to another salon where chunks of their eyebrows have been taken out from the top!

I always wax above the brow to make it defined and neat.

I do not take hair out from the actual brow line unless they clearly don't belong there.

Jacqui xx

i do exactly the same :)

To add to Kim's video above for me Lori's 5 Line Eyebrow Waxing video was a total lightbulb moment! Shows you how to wax pretty much any eyebrow.

5 Line Eyebrow System.mp4 - YouTube

I alway remove the fine hairs above the brow with wax and fine tune with pointed tweezers. So remove from above, below and in the middle.

When applying hot wax to eyebrows, are you still doing the figure of 8, back and forward motion, or does this not apply for brows?

I couldn't quite make it out.

Thanks for your reply - I was taught not to go above the brows too, and wasn't taught about trimming. It really does make such a difference!

With the new generation of hot waxes it is no longer necessary to apply wax in the figure of eight or build up layers.
HTH Jack

I have always been taught not to wax the top of the eyebrows but sometimes it will look nicer if you do. I don't do it with every client but a few, i.e my partner being a man and all his look better with some off the top, and his mother to as she gets a triangle shape from it and likes them to be more rounded.

Great thread just marking for later :)

Thank you Malewaxer - the stuff we used at college needed the figure of 8.
I've just ordered the blue berin's hot wax so thrilled to hear it is less faffing about :)

When applying hot wax to eyebrows, are you still doing the figure of 8, back and forward motion, or does this not apply for brows?

I couldn't quite make it out.

Thanks for your reply - I was taught not to go above the brows too, and wasn't taught about trimming. It really does make such a difference!
The new waxes are applied in the direction of hair growth. However, I always buck the system, so try applying your wax in the one direction and see if it removes the hair. If you don't try, you don't know.

Hi Kim,
I take it is just the "stray" hairs you remove from above? not to take anything away from the shape but just to define? Mainly in people with darker hair?
Eek, learnt so much from this thread alone!

Latest posts

Back