Brow waxing - how long until skin calms down

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paris Goodwin

Reaction score
hi all,

practiced on my own brows last week and my skin was so sore for at least 2 days after. redness went down after about a day, is this normal? or have i done something wrong? used pre and post waxing lotions.

Did you take any skin off? Do you normally have sensitive skin anyway? My brows are usually red for about 2 hours and then they calm down xx

I use a hot wax for my brows & this leaves the skin much less red than warm wax and they calm down within an hour or so - a few of my clients don't even look like they have been waxed by the time I pack up & am ready to leave (about 5 minutes).

Hi @Baggybear did you do a warm waxing course then move onto hot wax? or did you do a hot waxing course?

Did you take any skin off? Do you normally have sensitive skin anyway? My brows are usually red for about 2 hours and then they calm down xx
hi @HannahJane90 yes i do have quite sensitive skin...thinking of using the hot wax now! thank you for your help! :)

There was no need to do a hot wax course (my insurance said I could use whatever wax I wanted as I am qualified to wax), it's applied in the same way as warm wax (but a bit thicker) and you make the lip & flick and remove the same way as strip wax.
I had a play with it on my legs to get used to getting it thick enough but not too thick & making a lip and flicking it for removal.

Hot wax is easy to use and so much gentler on the skin you have to remember to use an oil before you wax (to help protect the skin) and after too.

thank you @Baggybear what hot wax do you reccommend?

I use Perron Rigot waxes, I use Euroblonde hot wax and Nacree Blanche strip wax. If you ring Perron Rigot on 020 7512 0872 and tell them your interested in trying their products they will send you some samples of their hot wax, jasmin oil (for before & after waxing), blue lotion etc.. (they don't do samples of the srtip waxes though).

I also use PR wax etc. Non-strip wax (hot wax) is much kinder to those sensitive areas. On my wax course - many years ago..- I was taught to use both hot & warm wax. Best thing I ever did was to upgrade to PR waxes. xx

You might have a reaction to your wax you are using. I use cream based waxes for strip wax on face areas and it much better. Personally I am allergic to hit wax I gone to so many salons aswell as doing it myself and I am left with a shiner for days and week and so strip wax using azulene cream is fine after 4hours on me.

So one rule for one person might not work for another, just need to play around with your product.

I also avoid after wax lotion on eyes area use the cooling gel instead .

Latest posts

Back