Brown skin pigmentation and a spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharny

Reaction score
I have a client who has old bruises on her legs that have never disappeared and now look like brown skin pigmentation. She has asked me if I would give her a spray tan on her legs only to try to blend them in.

Would I just put barrier cream on the marks and then spray as usual, or does anyone else have any other ideas how to do it and whether I should do it at all.

Also does anyone on here no of any treatment I could recommend for her to try to erase the marks ?? thanks x:D

Any one ???? :?:

i wouldnt put a barrier cream over them it might not blend properly.... hmmm? maybe just spray a very light tan around the darker areas

Treat as an opposite to Vitiligo, barrier creams, blending etc. If you want to do a good job it will be time consuming and you will need to be very precise as well as a follow up spray the next day so you will need to choose the % carefully keeping in mind that you might need to do a blending mist the following day. On the plus side though it will cost more as a treatment
If the client absolutely wants to give it a try but doesn't want to pay extra or have 2 visits form you then personally I would use a barrier cream and VERY carefully apply it to the darker areas ( depending on the contrast between the bruising and the natural skin color) Dont overlap any barrier cream on to the areas that need to be tanned whatsoever, then tan and finish off with a fine mist spray at the end. And make her aware that it will look better than no tan at all but may not be as perfect as the "full" treatment hth's

I think it very much depends on the severity of the discoloration marks and where they actually are

If they are severe and in a predominant place like the face,arms or legs then it is worth the effort to try and blend in as best as possible using a light moisturizer rather than a strong barrier cream

If it is in an area which is not predominant then...well I wouldn't really worry and simply spray as normal....unless of course the client has a hang up about this blemish then simply treat as above

HTH and good luck :hug:

Thanks for all your advice, I think I will have a go at putting some moisturiser on the marks and then just spraying lightly. I've told her that we can have a trial and see how it turns out but that I can't guarantee great results. xx

Thanks for all your advice, I think I will have a go at putting some moisturiser on the marks and then just spraying lightly. I've told her that we can have a trial and see how it turns out but that I can't guarantee great results. xx

Good luck :wink2:

Latest posts

Back