Brown to blonde help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

megan grace

Reaction score
So ive been trying to get my hair from a dark/medium brown to blonde - but currently ive only managed to get it a very light orange with very very blonde parts but mostly at my roots..
i started on saturday when i used jerome russel bblonde high lift powder bleach, so i used this with 30 vol peroxide and left it on for about an hour which did lift but my hair was blonde on the top of my head at the roots and a darkish orange mainly, so i used a jerome russell blonde toner in platinum blonde but i dont really think it made any change in my hair but make it maybe that bit lighter? and i then put a blonde hair dye on i used john freida 9n light natural blonde which just evened out the ginger really and made the roots not as harsh as they was after the bleach..
following day after doing some googling and watching youtube videos, one person had said to bleach the hair again as something about the orange in your hair is the just one of the stages and it would of needed the bleach to be on longer..? so i did this and left the bleach on for another hour using same as i did yesterday, again hair was still orange but that lighter and i felt like i could see a bit more blonde on the underneath of my hair but still orange hair.. then i used the scott cornwall iced platinum toner which i thought made the orange overall lighter but didnt really do much other than that, so i applied ANOTHER toner being schwarzkopf xxl live toner in M02 champagne blonde but i didnt see any difference whats so ever using this one and i again finished this off by applying a hair dye again which was another very light blonde..

I have actually done this before and actually suceeded with it but it was about a year ago and i just dont know as to where ive gone wrong this time eek.. last time i did use the wella color charm toner in t18 and it worked amazing! i dont know if its the toners ive used because on the ones i was using which i bought locally they did actually say wash out or non permanent i dont know if this is the same with ALL toners but i know it did atleast say this on two of the toners i used.. but anyway if anyone could help or know what im best using/trying or just doing next please let me know :)
i was thinking of trying a pearl blonde loreal hair dye on it? as i thought it might go over the orange as its so light but im just not sure?

i dont actually want platinum blonde i want a natural blonde more like sasha pieterse
here is the colour i have got my hair to anyhoo!
yh5s8.jpg

148kftu.jpg

colour i want:
Alison-dilaurentis-mobile-wallpaper.jpg
Sasha%20Pieterse-TBE-000516.jpg

Last edited:
1st thing do NOT put a colour over the top of this! It's likely to turn black I kid u not!!

Xxl is the worst thing ever! 2nd only to jerome rustle!

Your lucky the hairs still in one piece, the colours you have at the mo need correcting by a professional, it needs to be done in stages & needs very specific toners for each part, please take my professional advice and don't colour it any further yourself, book into a salon or a college salon if cost is an issue and explain what products you've used to now they will assist you further

Oh my goodness. Not to sound rude but go to the hairdressers before you fry your hair

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh my goodness. Not to sound rude but go to the hairdressers before you fry your hair

I'd say that ship has probably sailed. Did you read all that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Great �� need hair done before Wednesday oh well.. Gonna try again tomorrow and if unsuccessful just put on a brown hair dye and have wasted ALOT of money life is nooot good.

How you still have hair is beyond me! Go and see a professional do not do anymore colours or you will be picking your hair up of the floor xx

And what do you think that brown hair dye will do to your overbleached hair?

Op if u put a brown dye over your hair it won't go brown

I'd say that ship has probably sailed. Did you read all that?

Lol not properly no..

Great �� need hair done before Wednesday oh well... have wasted ALOT of money life is nooot good.

Please Stop wasting your money!

Box colour can NEVER produce salon quality results because it's 'a one size fits all' approach. Can you see the different tonal variations in the celeb picture you attached?

As you now have very different colours on different areas of your hair, slapping a single product all over isn't going to look nice.

Seriously, you wouldn't catch an A-lister wearing a cheap dress from Primark for the Oscars would you?

oh? I've done it before just goes lighter shade

It won't be even & won't go brown, go to a college they'll sort it out for less than £20 and you'll be giving someone good experience for their colour correction assessment

I managed it but didn't like being blonde LOL so I'm brunette again but a light brown ☺️

Dont understand why people post.on asking for advice of they're not going to use it

Dont understand why people post.on asking for advice of they're not going to use it

Because I was asking how I can do it MYSELF I always do my own hair and have always Prefered to and have always one way managed to get my desired results

Also I was told I couldn't do it myself yet did so then I was told I wouldn't be able to do my hair brown afterwards also managed to do that.. so um

You were advised against doing it because it would be unprofessional of us all to tell you how to.do it. Thats not what the site is for

You were advised against doing it because it would be unprofessional of us all to tell you how to.do it. Thats not what the site is for

Ok well I've done it now and you don't need to get catty over me doing my own hair....
And it's not really advice if anyone who posts a thread gets same advice saying 'go see hairdresser' may aswell not ask

Let us know if it's still the same colour after a few washes

By the time you'd bought all that surely it'd have been no more expensive to go to a pro?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm surprised you still have hair left I made the biggest mistake ever a couple of years ago and went platinum blonde but did it myself now I am still trying to grow my hair as it is still damaged I advise you not to do this yourself again and you waste money go to a pro it may have worked out this time but think about how much damage you may have done to your hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back