Brown to Blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HazelPumpkin

Reaction score
Hi,

Just need a bit of advice really. I have, naturally, dark mousy blonde hair but I have been dying it for years. I used to have highlights to make it quite blonde up until about 3 years ago when I went all over dark chocolate brown, mainly to give my hair a rest from all the drying out the highlights did (I have very think, long and dry hair.) I currently use John Frieda Mouse about once every 2-3 months.

However, I decided today that I'd like to go a bit lighter for the summer. Preferably to natural looking blondish colour. I bought some Colour B4 which took it to a blondish, gingerish browny colour (if that makes any sense!) However, I didn't read the instructions properly. I dyed my hair only an hour afterwards. I used Pearl Blonde by John Frieda however, it has taken me back to the original colour of brown that I had!! I realise my mistake was to actually dye it so quick anyway!

Can anyone advice me on how to achieve lighter hair colour. Should I bleach my hair and then dye it a light brown colour and go for highlights at a salon later? Or should I just go to a salon? I'm unsure of how to get my hair lighter now. i dont want to be bright blonde. Just a natural blonde colour and lighter than the tone I have now,

Thaks,

This is a professional forum, box dyes from supermarkets are terrible quality so please visit a salon

Latest posts

Back