Brown to Blonde ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherisipop_x

Reaction score
Hey.

Late last year i died my hair black [big mistake i know], since it was previously platinum blonde. Since around april i've been trying to get it back lighter, of course bleach just turned it orange, so i ended up with a dark brown on it.
I went to the hairdressers who coloured my hair a reddy brown and did a blonde panel, which is more or less ginger except where they died over my roots. This was in may, since then i've left it, my roots are an inch or so through. Although i'm not the most patient of people, even though i'm growing my hair.
My question is, is there any way i could get my hair lighter without having to walk around with ginger hair for weeks? At 17 it's hardly very fashionable :lol:
People i've spoke to have suggested getting the colour stripped, but surely it would still go a gingerish shade and leave my hair very dry? Or should i just be more patient and wait it out?
I've seen people go from darker colours to blonde so i know i'm not trying to achieve the impossible, i also know this could be time consuming and i don't fancy my hair looking and feeling like straw.

Sorry for the essay but any help/advice would be appreciated.
Thanks xx

Heres some pictures of my current hair colour to get a better idea:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8374/rawr428zc2.jpg

And how far my roots have grown through: [not the best of pictures, one side looks darker due to bad lighting]

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/2233/rootszk8.jpg

Finally the shade of blonde i am eventually hoping to achieve [kind of a darkish blonde like the colour on top]:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/5003/audreykitching27ln1.jpg

Cherise xxx

I went from a hi-lighted bleached blonde back to brunette, done professionally, with dying it red first to re-pigment it or something, before dying it brown and I bloody hated it! Oh yeah, sure, my hair looked glossy and healthy as opposed to straw like and frazzled! But I hated it so much that I cried, but what I then had to do was wait just under a year, getting regular trims and treatments, getting it in the best condition possible. I then booked in to go back blonde, which was a LONG and expensive process..

I had to have 2 months worth of full head of hi-lights to make sure that all of my hair was lifted enough, then a "bleach-bath" AND finally a tint all over!! Now I just maintain my hair each month with a root tint, which is not only cheaper but my hair is in a much better condition than when I was last a blonde.

My point is I s'pose that you should speak to a reputable colourist, as it may be that you have to have a few sessions in the hairdessers chair before you achieve the result that you require.

Good luck.

Hey.
of course bleach just turned it orange, so i ended up with a dark brown on it.
I went to the hairdressers who coloured my hair a reddy brown and did a blonde panel, which is more or less ginger except where they died over my roots.
My question is, is there any way i could get my hair lighter without having to walk around with ginger hair for weeks?

So did you try bleaching your own hair out and then went to a hair salon on got it colored?
first mistake was to take it back to a dark brown. You were half way there to your goal.
If the stylist knew what she was doing, your roots would not have been lighter than your ends.

Yes it is possible to get your hair to a platium again.

People i've spoke to have suggested getting the colour stripped, but surely it would still go a gingerish shade and leave my hair very dry? Or should i just be more patient and wait it out?

color stripping can be very harsh on the hair. There are Quite a few factors that you need to bring in to the problem and end results. Strength of hair is # 1. At home use of products (shampoo, conditioners, etc.) So to say yes or no to this is not possible cause we cannot touch your hair. It is something that a live person that is a stylist needs to decide. This should be done in a consultation at the salon.

I've seen people go from darker colours to blonde so i know i'm not trying to achieve the impossible, i also know this could be time consuming and i don't fancy my hair looking and feeling like straw.
Time, condition of the hair, and the money that is needed to get the job done the correct way.
When it comes to hair, there are no shortcuts.

All in All hun~ Yes it is possible~ Don't despair.:hug:

Edit: BTW..Your hair is adorable as it is right now. Really do like the color.:)

My roots are a different colour because it's been two months since i got it coloured. When i bleached it and it turned ginger, i was told to tone it out with an ash blonde, this turned it grey though. So was then told to use a mahogony[?] brown semi-permanant, the underneath is still black though. The salon then got it down to the brown it is now, which looks more of an auburn colour in the light. The blonde panel wouldn't bleach to blonde, only the gingery colour though.

Thanks, i will get in touch with a hair stylist and get there opinion. :)

Thanks, i will get in touch with a hair stylist and get there opinion. :)

I know it is expensive hun to go thru a professional salon and have it done~ but keep your hands and imagination out of your hair. :|
In the long run, it will cost you either ..your hair, more money or both!

Coloring hair LOOKS easy and god only knows that TV makes it look that much easier, but it isn't without the proper training and knowledge.

I'd never trust myself doing my own hair anyway, would be a disaster, least if that happens at a salon they will fix it. Thanks for your help :]

Latest posts

Back