browny yellow colour in my brush??????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacqui'snewnail

Reaction score
Hi
Can anybody help? I have a Prostyler brush and have noticed on the last few uses that a yellowy brown fluid colour is coming out of the brush?
I always clean it first and then store upside down with a cut down pipette on the end.

Whats going on??????

Jacqui

I always clean it first and then store upside down with a cut down pipette on the end.
When you say 'upside down' do you mean ferrule facing downwards?

Whats going on??????
It sounds like contamination to me.

If you are storing it upside down IE with the brush part at the top all your monomer is staying in there and going off for lack of a better word,
after use you need to clean your brush in fresh monomer and wipe on a clean lint free wipe and store in a brush box so that it is laid on its side, put a small piece of blue tack in the box so your brush doesnt roll around and get damaged hth

Thanks for the replies.
I always clean before storing, but I do store it upside down, so bristles are down. So any fluid runs out not in the brush? Is this wrong, should I just lay it flat in my box?

Thanks
Jacqui

Thanks for the replies.
I always clean before storing, but I do store it upside down, so bristles are down. So any fluid runs out not in the brush? Is this wrong, should I just lay it flat in my box?

Thanks
Jacqui
It should be fine if this is how you are cleaning and storing?
maybe it is because you put the bubble of the pipette over it, less oxygen so concentrates the monomer that we cant get out of the brush
but i don't know that was just an idea i was tossing around, wheres Gigi she will know lol :hug:
also are you wiping out most of the monomer before storing ?

That does sound possible! Clever old stick lol! :lol:

Thank you very much for your help, I will try and just lay it flat in my box!

Jacqui

Your welcome hun,
i just had another thought have you used your brush in any different brand of monomer than you usually use, this will contaminate it

Nope, I only use Creatives Retention! Im not that brave or daring that I try other products! lol!

I will give it a good old clean and then start laying it flat, hopefully that will sort it!

Thanks again!

Jacqui

Here's a tip to clean it, you may already know this but this is what i do if i ever get product stuck in it,
put some blue tack on the wall stick your brush to the blue while suspending the brush in a dappen dish with clean monomer in it over night, then wipe and wipe on a lint free pad till you have used all monomer in the dappen dish, always works for me

Latest posts

Back