Brows company on This Morning using Barry M?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathill

Reaction score
Did anyone else see the bit on this morning where nilam founder of HD brows was showing the nation how you can get a perfect brow with products such as Barry m & rimmel?!! WT !!!! No mention of HD products or stylists after spending 2 days and a grand on the course this has rattled me to say the least !

I watched this screaming WTF at the telly!!

They're shared it on there FB pages and I'm surprised no ones commented saying why hasn't she used any HD brow products!!!!!

Crazy!!

I have!!! The answer was they have strict guidelines of what products they could mention I'm sure nilam did her best !!! Erm what! I've just spent a grand investing now your telling the nation To use Barry m ! I'm so annoyed

I saw this thought the same wt?? X

Ive tweeted her and received the same BS response, im rapidly loosing faith with it tbh and certainly havent witnessed the influx of clients since i did my training, you get very little for your investment, half the time things are out of stock!

All I kept getting told was just wait for training it's like nothing you've ever been taught before ! Rubbish it was nothing I don't already know & do . I get it's a brand that your investing in but I feel there should be a refresher course for beauticians who already know about brows rather than have to do the full thing I feel abit sick that I've spent over a grand on standing around watching other people do a drawn out version of everything I already do its all makeup at the end of the day . I'm glad for the makeup kit that I got with it cause to be honest I was already for complaining and getting my hard earned cash back . I can't see who in there right mind would pay £35 for an eyebrow shape and makeup applied that's going to be washed off at the end of the day! [emoji17]

This is why I'm glad I never invested in hd brows, yes lots of people ask for it but usually when I question if they know what it is they seem to think it's some sort of magic lasting brow and are shocked it's just an expert brow finished with makeup. I personally think hd have always marketed it to the public as something it's not hence why I never did it. I felt I would get a lot of bookings to begin with but once people realised it wasn't what they thought they'd not rebook, I don't know if the hd brow hype has passed in my area now as have loads and I mean loads of clients that come to me for brows and say ohhh I used to go to so and so for hd brows but you do them the same/better

Hmm I get lots of clients coming back to me regularly for HD brows.
I find encouraging them to grow back missing bits to get the 'perfect' shape keeps them coming back and they have confidence in you.
Fair enough you can do this in a normal brow shape but it's the brand people want. Same and make up shoes handbags! People want to say I've got HD brows

I have loads of clients constantly coming back the makeup part it to show the client where we are aiming to go with the brows. After a few treatments i hardly put any make up on. Theres obviously a reason she couldn't mention HD products

I agree some will obviously stick with it as wont be swayed from the brand all I'm saying is I'm not personally comfortable promoting it hence never training as I think it's a bit naughty how they market themselves especially recently after I heard they copied urban decays logo and have rebranded as high definition and people have spent thousands on them

I sat on the fence way too long, and missed the first tide!
Yes I wanted it....loved the whole branding, even though to be honest, they not only 'borrowed' from urban decay, they most definately were 'influenced' by the branding of GHD.
What stopped me, apart from the fact I already do brows, ...the price of training to be honest, and the 'no previous experience necessary'.
I am already competing against the £5.00 a pop down the road!

Nilam has clearly explained that she couldn't use the products its down to this morning. it still gets the name out there. Personally its the best thing I've ever done and people ask for hd brows in particular. I made back the course money in a matter of weeks. Shame to see some stylist slagging it off

Well I personally think Nilam shouldn't have gone on this morning then especially when people have invested heavily then she's like oh yea just pop out and get some Barry M, by no means slagging them off just strongly don't agree with their marketing strategy or brand concept never have but that's just my opinion and it's great that they work for some though who obviously have confidence in the brand so good for you.

Im quite disappointed, i was contacted by HD brows this morning and asked to remove my tweets and now a statement has been released by Nilam on the stylist forum bringing it up about twitter, i feel I have been victimised for airing my thoughts, i thought we were allowed an opinion, clearly not, seriously thinking of ditching the brand tbh and writing off the investment as a mistake.

I'm more hair than beauty these days, however personally I think this is appalling. Swilks I would not have removed my tweets as its freedom of speech. And for anyone else thinking of going on the course may now decided not too I hope. If they were the rules of this morning she shouldn't have appeared on the programme.

Im quite disappointed, i was contacted by HD brows this morning and asked to remove my tweets and now a statement has been released by Nilam on the stylist forum bringing it up about twitter, i feel I have been victimised for airing my thoughts, i thought we were allowed an opinion, clearly not, seriously thinking of ditching the brand tbh and writing off the investment as a mistake.
I know exactly where you're coming from but ignore all that and look at what you're offering. Not just what HD are offering you.

There is a lot wrong with the company in my mind. They are the only pro company I've come across who don't sell testers. Also the lowest mark up of any company I've worked with. So many products are continually out of stock. The training - like all training - is dependent on who you get. Luckily we had a good one. I retail quite a lot of their products and I do quite a lot of HD brows. I knew nothing about nilam on breakfast TV and it honestly won't affect my business in the slightest but I do HD brows - they're just another treatment that I offer - they're not the mainstay of my business fortunately.

Keep offering them, just don't look at what else they're doing that's wrong or you will become disillusioned.

Sell the products, do the brows, make some money.

Vic x

I saw the brow thing on TV and watched it!
I'm not a brow person, and it didn't know the lady demonstrating so you can have my unbiased take on it:

I learn't a bit, liked the barry m pencil and didn't have a clue she was from HD.

I think the key to HD brows will taking off in your area is down to the age of your clientele / catchment area and how much money they have! ( and if they have even heard of it! )

It still gets the hd name out there regardless of what products are used and i dont see how it will effect any stylists at all.

It's a tough one. I'm a HD stylist and I do think it was a contraversial move on Nilam's part but I bet she lost more sleep over it than we will. It does look ridiculous to anyone who knows she is the face of HD that she was not using HD pencils and palettes BUT generally it's only us stylists that know her as that, for the normal viewer she is The brow queen and has some great brow skills, I will be plugging it and tuning it round by saying "Yes that's who trained us, you could use XY and Z or you could use this and THIS is how you use it". We might lose some retail sales but then we might gain some more HD clients....

It's a tough one. I'm a HD stylist and I do think it was a contraversial move on Nilam's part but I bet she lost more sleep over it than we will. It does look ridiculous to anyone who knows she is the face of HD that she was not using HD pencils and palettes BUT generally it's only us stylists that know her as that, for the normal viewer she is The brow queen and has some great brow skills, I will be plugging it and tuning it round by saying "Yes that's who trained us, you could use XY and Z or you could use this and THIS is how you use it". We might lose some retail sales but then we might gain some more HD clients....

Exactly that xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back