Brows company on This Morning using Barry M?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not Hd trained and am not interested in going down the brow route. So my opinion is probably irrelevant here but I'll say it anyway lol.
I use their products make up & brows and know who she is (didn't see the programme though)
But
It would just make me think (as a customer) if Nilam is using Barry m and getting good results on TV why should I spend all this money on HD brows products?

I'm not Hd trained and am not interested in going down the brow route. So my opinion is probably irrelevant here but I'll say it anyway lol.
I use their products make up & brows and know who she is (didn't see the programme though)
But
It would just make me think (as a customer) if Nilam is using Barry m and getting good results on TV why should I spend all this money on HD brows products?

EXACTLY my point!!!

Yes but like someone said you may loose a bit of retail but it gets the hd brows name out there and hopefully brings in new clients! Plus if you do a great job as a stylist and show how our products can be used there will be plenty of clients interested in the products.

Yes but like someone said you may loose a bit of retail but it gets the hd brows name out there and hopefully brings in new clients! Plus if you do a great job as a stylist and show how our products can be used there will be plenty of clients interested in the products.

I wouldn't expect to lose anything after forking out a grand!!

I wouldn't expect to lose anything after forking out a grand!!
Exactly that! Now this morning I have received a letter saying I've breached guidelines and they want my kit back and accounts been stopped!!! WT!!!! Loosing patience with these people [emoji36]

Exactly that! Now this morning I have received a letter saying I've breached guidelines and they want my kit back and accounts been stopped!!! WT!!!! Loosing patience with these people [emoji36]

WOW unbelievable

Are they going to give you your money back then if you have to send it all back?

Seriously [emoji15]

How have you breached your guidelines?

Surely a guideline is a GUIDE and not a contract or anything else of a similar matter?

Wow, that's very heavy handed.

A guideline is just that. As long as you considered the guideline, you can choose not to follow it, otherwise it should be a specified term.

I'd definitely want to pursue them for a full refund if that's the way they're going to operate.

'Do as I say, not as I do' comes to mind.

Poor, very poor!

I think the fact this threads name has changed shows how heavy handed they're legal is!

Ooh. Hadn't noticed that!! X

Ooh. Hadn't noticed that!! X
I was thinking how's that happened!! How can they change my thread? Are we not allowed a discussion about it? This is bizarre ! Rip off / extortion comes to my mind!! I'm not sending anything back I've paid done the course that's that !

I noticed this too. I think the sustainability of HD is seriously dwindling. I very much doubt the company would have taken a move like this a few years ago and the fact they need to "get their name out" via a morning television show target marketing DIYers using high street products demonstrating that you don't need a salon. They did get their name out but for whose benefit and what reasons? You can convince yourself it's for the stylist at the salon as it's easier to believe this if you've invested a lot into the brand but I'm honestly not so sure and although Hd may be working for particular individuals right now I would seriously be questioning the longevity of the brand and it's loyalty to the consumer.

I was thinking how's that happened!! How can they change my thread? Are we not allowed a discussion about it? This is bizarre ! Rip off / extortion comes to my mind!! I'm not sending anything back I've paid done the course that's that !

No conspiracy theories please. :) There has been no third party intervention.

Fact is, the forum doesn't encourage 'naming & shaming' generally as it can lead to a one sided and therefore, unbalanced thread.

As you were...

Im not surprised stylists commenting on social network site so potential clients can see! So unprofessional

I thought with the name changed they would have used that to there advantage and be shouting all about it on telly

Im not surprised stylists commenting on social network site so potential clients can see! So unprofessional

Well in that case I think your in the wrong place as I guess you don't like people having an opinion?

I was reading this thread over the weekend quite mortified on how rash and quickly the event was escalated. We had a nice healthy debate in our family whether this is right or wrong in the legal setting. (from what had been discussed)

I am in no way affiliated with this brow company.

I personally think n group did well to tap into a market brows have done well to get their name out. i think over the years the the levels of training amongst the heavy handed lawyer litigation has made this brand pretentious. There is always an advertising slot where they might have asked any ol' professional expert to comment on some budget brands, maybe shes had very strict instructions to not plug her own brand,(personally i would of hehe!:D) advertising costs a lot and maybe that accrued to it.
We thought that as a double edge sword, it really it gives exposure but it devalued the brand. its supposed to epitomize a high end product with a rrp. (When you are your own boss you can set any price you like i don't think its fair to have dictation of what you can and cant do.)

Twitter is an interactive forum, designed to speak directly to whomever you wish, for instance your idol simon cowell!:cool: to be asked to remove your tweets, when you haven't trolled and just asked a innocuous question. i don't understand the breach of guidelines as to suspend an account and ask for what you have paid back , over asking a question- is not allowed? I hope in this case its resolved as it is an unfortunate predicament. the legal team /brand portray an adolescent bitter schoolkid come to mind and is major turn off if you don't adhere to these terms and conditions.- which i might add are very vague in regards to social media.

We basically thought that the legal setting in this instance was 100% wrong, i have two lawyers who argued for and against but the general consensus was they way the company had conducted themselves, was unprofessional, extreme and it will impact themselves when all they wanted was exposure.

sorry to the op that clearly has been dealt with harshly xoxo

I was reading this thread over the weekend quite mortified on how rash and quickly the event was escalated. We had a nice healthy debate in our family whether this is right or wrong in the legal setting. (from what had been discussed)

I am in no way affiliated with this brow company.

I personally think n group did well to tap into a market brows have done well to get their name out. i think over the years the the levels of training amongst the heavy handed lawyer litigation has made this brand pretentious. There is always an advertising slot where they might have asked any ol' professional expert to comment on some budget brands, maybe shes had very strict instructions to not plug her own brand,(personally i would of hehe!:D) advertising costs a lot and maybe that accrued to it.
We thought that as a double edge sword, it really it gives exposure but it devalued the brand. its supposed to epitomize a high end product with a rrp. (When you are your own boss you can set any price you like i don't think its fair to have dictation of what you can and cant do.)

Twitter is an interactive forum, designed to speak directly to whomever you wish, for instance your idol simon cowell!:cool: to be asked to remove your tweets, when you haven't trolled and just asked a innocuous question. i don't understand the breach of guidelines as to suspend an account and ask for what you have paid back , over asking a question- is not allowed? I hope in this case its resolved as it is an unfortunate predicament. the legal team /brand portray an adolescent bitter schoolkid come to mind and is major turn off if you don't adhere to these terms and conditions.- which i might add are very vague in regards to social media.

We basically thought that the legal setting in this instance was 100% wrong, i have two lawyers who argued for and against but the general consensus was they way the company had conducted themselves, was unprofessional, extreme and it will impact themselves when all they wanted was exposure.

sorry to the op that clearly has been dealt with harshly xoxo
Well I've sent all my kit back and have be promised a full refund on return. I don't want anything to do with this brand anymore and the sooner it's all dealt with the better !
Anastasia Beverly Hills here I come [emoji5]️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back