Bruised nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginalhaytonxx

Reaction score
How would you get rid of this bruise? Or would you just have to grow it out? & is there a chance that the nail will fall off? X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352588055.869499.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352588055.869499.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 2,456
I personally would just Polish over it due to the possibility of the nail plate lifting. A Dr would have to answer the rest of your questions.

It looks as if the nail has had some trauma which has caused the bruise. It will eventually grow out, but it may also fall off. I looks as if blood is under the nail plate. You definitely should refer this person to a physician if it bothers her. He may be able to drain the blood by piercing the nail bed. If its not problematic then leave it go. It's not a very aesthetic looking nail, but you can just polish over it, or use some glitter to cover it.

I would recommend she goes to see her doctor, he may relieve the pressure which will in turn stop 90% of any pain, which will definitely be a relief to the client.

Ouch! Agree with go to her doctor. You could polish over it but I'd try to avoid this for as long as possible because otherwise the client won't be able to see what's going on. From personal experience it is most likely to fall off. Get her to use some SolarOil to start the repair process x

It's going to take quite some time to grow out ... this is also the type of bruise that you will have to keep your eye on, it has quite a bit of healthy nail in front of the bruise and can have problems pushing the healthy nail.
If it's not painful, just let nature take its course.

it's my boyfriends nail so can't really polish over it lol but I thought there might be a chance it'd fall off, It's not painful for him so we'll see what happens! Thanks everyone x

Latest posts

Back