Bruised toenails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cannails

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Hope you're doing well. I wanted to ask you all professionals here the best way to take care of my bruised toenails.
I recently started doing my prep with an e-file with no prior experience. I just started practising. Last time I tried to clean the cuticle with an incorrect bit, a ceramic one if I'm not mistaken, and I definitely over filed my big toes. This happened only in some areas next to one side of the sidewalls. The skin is very thin to touch in those spots and has a purple tone to it. I can't really tell if it comes from the nail or underneath. The rest of the surface is great but if I touch those spots, they feel very sensitive. Any advice? Also, the bruises are pretty close to the cuticle area, so at the base of the nail.

Hello everyone!
Hope you're doing well. I wanted to ask you all professionals here the best way to take care of my bruised toenails.
I recently started doing my prep with an e-file with no prior experience. I just started practising. Last time I tried to clean the cuticle with an incorrect bit, a ceramic one if I'm not mistaken, and I definitely over filed my big toes. This happened only in some areas next to one side of the sidewalls. The skin is very thin to touch in those spots and has a purple tone to it. I can't really tell if it comes from the nail or underneath. The rest of the surface is great but if I touch those spots, they feel very sensitive. Any advice? Also, the bruises are pretty close to the cuticle area, so at the base of the nail.

Without any training or professional understanding, please don’t experiment with equipment or chemicals and leave it to the experts instead. Failure to do so can result in serious long term and even irreversible damage.

Latest posts

Back