Bruising after Brazilian wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justadream

Reaction score
Okay, this is somewhat embarrassing, but I'm getting kind of worried. So I got a brazilian wax for the first time at a professional salon with tons of great reviews and I came out kind of purple-ish with stuff that looks like goosebumps the next day. My waxer says it's a bruise and that it'll go away, but it's been a week since then. How long will it take to go away?

Anyways, does anyone have any advice at all about aftercare for this kind of situation? Right now I'm listening to my waxer and putting on nothing but hydrocortisone (Aveeno). I have a few white bumps, too. Should I get something for that too?

Thanks a bunch!

Didn't want to read and run.
The bumps you experience are quite common normal side effects if it's your first wax, have not been waxed for a while or have sensitive skin this should settle within 24-48 hours after your wax sometimes taking an anti histamine can help settle this.
As for the bruising not quite sure how she achieved this but as per any other bruise they can take time to heal, the worse the damage the worse the bruise like if you whack your shin it'll be there a while you unfortunately you will have to wait until the bruise has healed itself. If your worried I would perhaps ring to make an appointment with the manager and take it from there! Wish you luck.

Sorry this is brief but client here any min.

1. Find yourself another waxer as that's not a bruise and if it was, that shouldn't happen.

2. Don't apply hydrocortisone cream as it can thin the skin.

3. Just leave it now to heal unless it becomes infected then get yourself to the doc

4. Gently exfoliate and keep moisturised

Hope you're better soon x

Did she apply a oil to the area before waxing?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and wishes!
No, she didn't apply an oil before. Was she supposed to?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and wishes!
No, she didn't apply an oil before. Was she supposed to?
Oil helps protect the skin but not all waxers use oil. Maybe she didn't stretch the skin enough. Are you taking any medication at all? How is it looking now?

Nope, no medication! But I did get my monthly the day of? Maybe that's why? I hear its more sensitive. To be honest, I think it looks a bit worse because I kept putting cream on it and I started touching it once so there are a few white bumps now. :/

Nope, no medication! But I did get my monthly the day of? Maybe that's why? I hear its more sensitive. To be honest, I think it looks a bit worse because I kept putting cream on it and I started touching it once so there are a few white bumps now. :/
Sometimes things just happen for no reason. x

Latest posts

Back