Bruising and arnica gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.Victoria

Reaction score
hiya, looking for a bit of advice for my nan. She suffers from bruising quite alot, she's only got to knock her arm/leg and she gets these great big bruises and where her skin is so thin it can sometimes split.
I was wondering if arnica gel would improve the appearance of the bruises, obviously if the skin splits she shouldn't apply the gel onto it.
It is probably the apsrin that is causing her to bruise so easily but has been told by her GP that she can't stop taking them. So if anyone has any experience with arnica gel let me know how you got on or if you use anything different. Thanks

has anyone used arnica gel?

Yep Ive used it before but the cream not gel and it worked a treat but I would get your nan to double check with her doc that its ok for her to use x

Of course, will do. Just wanted to see if anyone had experienced any good results using an arnica based product. The bruises really get her down as they're mainly on her arms and she covers them up with make up. Thanks for your help :p

I swear by arnica, but use it mainly for bad strains and sprains and twisted ankles. Im not as clumsy as I sound, but my sons are sports freaks and I force them to use arnica when injured. If taken immediately, and as directed (I mainly use the drops) you often get no bruising at all. I would be really interested to hear how it works for your Nan when used topically.

Rebecca

I've been bruising easily lately when I inject my insulin. It hadn't even crossed my mind to use the arnica gel. I use it for aches and sprains though. I shall start using it today. Thank you for reminding me. I hope its working ok for your nan. x

Latest posts

Back