Bruising, can anybody help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat80

Reaction score
My friend waxed a male friend of hers who had asked for some facial waxing. He said he usually had it done with hot wax, she only uses a cream and advised against it as the hair is quite strong. He insisted and because he was a friend she did it. At the time she said it looked as if a bruise was forming so gave him aloe Vera and told him to use a cold compress. Two days later he went to Turkey. Now he is back he has sent her a photo of his face and is very concerned that it is not healing. He said the skin feels smooth to touch but obviously it is marked. Does anyone have any advice for my friend who is really worried. Thank you all

Attachments

• 5F01BA91-4E3C-4675-BC99-D45CDD391AF5.jpeg
    5F01BA91-4E3C-4675-BC99-D45CDD391AF5.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 89
Hi Nat,

This doesn't look like a bruise, it looks like hyper pigmentation.

I think what's happened is your friend has lifted the skin on his cheek, which when combined with sun exposure has caused some hyper pigmentation.

Strip wax tends to be very adhesive, particularly on dry skin. His hair also looks strong, so she might have had to go over it more than once to remove the hair and his skin couldn't take it, and so the top layer was lifted off.

As he was going into the sun, he should have been advised to wear a high SPF on his face as the skin was healing and it would have prevented this from happening.

It will fade over time, and there are skincare products and services that can help him to fade it quicker if it is really bothering him.

Her first instincts were right and hot wax would have been much kinder to his skin and easier to remove his hair first time round.

Hi Nat,

This doesn't look like a bruise, it looks like hyper pigmentation.

I think what's happened is your friend has lifted the skin on his cheek, which when combined with sun exposure has caused some hyper pigmentation.

Strip wax tends to be very adhesive, particularly on dry skin. His hair also looks strong, so she might have had to go over it more than once to remove the hair and his skin couldn't take it, and so the top layer was lifted off.

As he was going into the sun, he should have been advised to wear a high SPF on his face as the skin was healing and it would have prevented this from happening.

It will fade over time, and there are skincare products and services that can help him to fade it quicker if it is really bothering him.

Her first instincts were right and hot wax would have been much kinder to his skin and easier to remove his hair first time round.
Thank you, I have passed this on x

Waxing training was always never ever wax a mans face because it can mess up hair growth patterns permanently, unless he is extremely persistent.

Waxing aftercare advice is always do not go out in the sun, and if you absolutely have to, wait 48hrs minimum and wear a high spf on waxed areas. Because of this.

Most of the time it is due to perfectly safe practices, not a problem with the wax itself or the techniques, unless there was a burn (but you would know if it was a burn). I get it myself on my wax patch test zone regularly. I test the heat on my right wrist and have a permanent square that is tanned or totally white depending on time of year. I can’t remember to put spf on a square anymore than I trust every client will listen to my advice.

You’ve probably seen someone at some point with a darker upper lip skin or back of neck. Looks like a birthmark.

Most of the time it actually goes away though!

Only the very unlucky with lots of sun damage and regularly not using sun cream get it permanently.

Latest posts

Back