brunette to blonde... help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahwebb

Reaction score
Here's my story... My hair is naturally light brown. About two years ago I died it blonde with a boxed-bleach. Then in December last year I went to a salon and had it died a dark, chestnut brown. Now, I want to go back blonde (more of a natural looking blonde, not bleach blonde), without doing it myself from a box. I don’t know what the best way to go is (i.e. bleach then tone it, or just highlights, or die it gradually, or what). Any advice would be really appreciated!!

Thanks!

Hi Sarah

You will need to go to a salon and have it done professionally. Do you want a more natural honey blond? So you look sun kissed??

Find yourself a good colorist, she will take test pieces so you can pre-view the color before you go for it.

Personally i would go for weaved highlights, have you continued coloring your hair? If it has a build up of color then a test piece is vital.

Test pieces are also useful to test the strength and porosity of the hair and it also means you will not get any nasty surprises.

Hope this Helps

Im natuarly a brunette,although the expense of having it redone every 6 weeks does my head in, but Id hate to be brunette again.
I started off with highlights ,and then next time had my roots done had some more put in and now its blonde all over now ,apart from at the bottom round the back,my hair is quite short so it remains in good condition, make sure you also use a shampoo n conditioner for coloured hair to keep it in good nick.
Sometimes they just bleach it , and sometimes it gets bleached with a toner on top depending on who does it at my hairdressers.
If you go to the hairdressers, they should have a colour chart , and remember it will always look brighter when you first have it done, I often get home and think omg what has she done, after a couple of days I get used to it , and Im loving it.lol.

Last edited:
Hi Sarah I think you may be in need of a colour correction,
as you may need some of the darker hair lifting out first .

This can be pretty expensive within a salon ,

but you could try your local college where the Teachers and hairdressing Students will give you a thorough consultation and do a great job for you ,

this way it will be easier to keep up any maintenance
because the prices will be quite a bit lower, and you will also be helping the students out too.

Ps ,

students who do colour correction are usually well experienced
and well guided by their teachers :hug: good luck x

but you could try your local college where the Teachers and hairdressing Students will give you a thorough consultation and do a great job for you ,

because the prices will be quite a bit lower, and you will also be helping the students out too.

Ps ,

If you book with a college its usually level 3's that do the colour correction...just so you know which class to book in for hth :hug:

Ps ,

PLease Please!! Students are always aking for this kind of work and very seldom get to do it except on each other!

WE love color!!

Latest posts

Back