SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jades Nails

Reaction score
Hi I trained in beauty therapy level 2 and 3 and currently work as a nail tech ( as my user name might give away aha). So I know nothing about hairdressing.

Im looking to get my hair done ( I’ve never had my hair done apart from the usual trim wash and blow dry). Im a medium brunette with little blonde strands naturally going through my hair. I’ve attached a picture from google of what hair is like naturally.

I have brown eyes and Skin tone wise I’m always the palest shade in every makeup range, however I false tan a lot! I’ve attached another picture of a pretty good accuracy of my natural skin to when I’m tanned.

I’m just wondering if one f you lovely ladies could give me advice on what shade blonde would suit me, half or full head highlights, how much I should be looking at paying in England and how long should it take a professional hair dresser to do?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 5CA08884-2413-4E6B-8B2A-1E5EC3485E36.jpeg
    5CA08884-2413-4E6B-8B2A-1E5EC3485E36.jpeg
    390.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 6F018535-B431-445C-A923-43024BBFC728.jpeg
    6F018535-B431-445C-A923-43024BBFC728.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 23
Great information in regards to how your hair is at the moment, if you attach some hair goal pictures we might be able to advise a bit further xx

Great information in regards to how your hair is at the moment, if you attach some hair goal pictures we might be able to advise a bit further xx
I don’t really have a colour in mind, just wondering what shade of blonde would suit me best.

I recommend calling into a few salons and asking for a colour consultation. See how they treat you, what they recommend after looking at your hair and asking you questions about your style. You’ll get a feel for who you feel the most comfortable going with.

Generally, I’d look at your natural hair and skin colour, ask about clothing choices, preferred colours to wear, whether you prefer rose, silver or gold coloured jewellery etc. That will help me work out whether you suit cool or warm colour tones and the type of highlights that will suit you best.

When you colour hair, you also have to consider the ongoing maintenance aspect too. Are you willing to set aside the time and money for the regular upkeep that a full head of highlights will need? With naturally mid brown hair, you will notice the roots coming through within a few weeks and likely to need them doing every 6 weeks.

If you only want highlights for the summer months, maybe look at having some balayage highlights rather than going for a full head?

Latest posts

Back