Brush and finishing help, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deena

Reaction score
Hi. I am just starting to get to grips with sculpting and would appreciate any advice on the following, please. :)

I think maybe my original pro styler brush <recently completed CND foundation course> has seen better days and I've a new one on order from CND, along with a sculpting brush. However, what I'm noticing <using l&p> is that some residue of the product seems to be going back into the liquid every time I go to 'Reload' the brush. I don't have this problem when I'm doing my pink and whites ordinarily with tips, incidentally. Am I working too wet or could it be to do with the brush being close to retirement? :irked:

I am also having problems with the general finish now that I'm trying to sculpt and would like to ask what sort of abrasive routine other people use, as no matter how fine the ones I use <and I buff at the end>, I can't seem to eliminate fine scratches. Do people use the hot shot or similar at the beginning, when they're filing the sculpted nail down?

I would really appreciate any advice, thank you. :)

Hi. I am just starting to get to grips with sculpting and would appreciate any advice on the following, please. :)

I think maybe my original pro styler brush <recently completed CND foundation course> has seen better days and I've a new one on order from CND, along with a sculpting brush. However, what I'm noticing <using l&p> is that some residue of the product seems to be going back into the liquid every time I go to 'Reload' the brush. I don't have this problem when I'm doing my pink and whites ordinarily with tips, incidentally. Am I working too wet or could it be to do with the brush being close to retirement? :irked:

I am also having problems with the general finish now that I'm trying to sculpt and would like to ask what sort of abrasive routine other people use, as no matter how fine the ones I use <and I buff at the end>, I can't seem to eliminate fine scratches. Do people use the hot shot or similar at the beginning, when they're filing the sculpted nail down?

I would really appreciate any advice, thank you. :)
Hello , i finish with a koala buffer black then the grey side with oil , then i buff with the girl friend buffer , i find there are no scratches. I also had the same problem of my liquid becoming cloudy , and i was working too wet, hope this helps.:confused:

Gold block (sanitisable)
1200 W/ Nail oil
Glosser (2 way buffer) Or GF (3 way)

Not a scratch in sight, mirror finish

Thank you, both. I didn't seem to have these particular problems until I started learning to sculpt, but I'll press on with them. Beats all that blending any day! :)

Latest posts

Back