Brush Contamination

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaydee

Reaction score
Hi All, I am using a Creative Pro Styler brush and have noticed that I am getting yellowing at the shaft of my brush. I clean the brush before and after any application and have just used a huge ammount of monomer to try and erase the yellowing without any luck. Any ideas what I can do please.
David

hi i have had this problem and was i dont think you will be able to do anything other than get a new brush, i know its a bummer,good luck

I had a brush that was contaminated at the ferrule end, but as long as I didn't touch the enhancement with that end, my nails were never affected.

If your whites are going yellow immediately, then a new brush it is going to have to be, but if not, then carry on using it as long as the flags of the brush are not contaminated.

Keep trying to flush it out. It may take a little while, but you can get it out.
Also make sure that when you put your brush away that you dont leave much monomer left in it. Also dont stand in your monomer for long periods of time as excess monomer will absorb into the ferrule.

Good luck ;)

i have had the same problem and had 4 brushes since feb, i have finally fixed it! i bought one of designer nails' own brush's a wooden handled one, its great always clean never clogs up...also its really light and much easier to use...................my nails are loades better with this brush seem to have more control.

not sure if this helps at all but the wooden one is very good!
Kat xxx

Jaydee said:
Hi All, I am using a Creative Pro Styler brush and have noticed that I am getting yellowing at the shaft of my brush. I clean the brush before and after any application and have just used a huge ammount of monomer to try and erase the yellowing without any luck. Any ideas what I can do please.
David
I have just experienced same thing my bristles when wiped on paper r fine but if i press down hard on metal part of the furrell u can c yellowing like u i clean brush thoroughly before and after each set of nails but how do u stop it from contaminating in the furrell i also wipe out as much monomer as possible before storing the brush flat. At the mo the bristles themselves r not contaminated

sequinto said:
I have just experienced same thing my bristles when wiped on paper r fine but if i press down hard on metal part of the furrell u can c yellowing like u i clean brush thoroughly before and after each set of nails but how do u stop it from contaminating in the furrell i also wipe out as much monomer as possible before storing the brush flat. At the mo the bristles themselves r not contaminated
Hey! Welcome back Jackie! :D Hope the computer is behaving itself now!!

Sawasdee ka

Our first brush went in the dustbin .

But after we do what geeg speak clean in clean monomer and lay FLAT after we use we have never had problem with any of our brush for about 8 month .

We think that if you stand up any brush if is the most exspensive brush you can buy you will make that brush no good .

The most important thing is to lay the brush flat we wrap our brush await next customer if stand up the monomer go inside and caput for sure .

Mui from Thailand

How much are the designer nails brush please? Can you get them from creative? As it is a L&P product i guess you can't buy it unless you are creative trained, is that right?

talented talons said:
How much are the designer nails brush please? Can you get them from creative? As it is a L&P product i guess you can't buy it unless you are creative trained, is that right?
ARGHHHHH - OK again - L+P have restrictions BUT IF YOU CAN PROVE CERTIFICATE AND OR PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS CARD TO PROVE YOU ARE A PROFESSIONAL YOU CAN BUY OTHER ITEMS!!
Designer Nails is the DISTRIBUTOR for Creative Nail Design in the UK and Ireland - that means that our own DN brushes can be bought from us AS WELL AS Creative goods (except L+P unless trained) - please tell me I made sense here?????

lastly I don't know how much the brushes are :o :o uselss on prices - sorry!

mui said:
Sawasdee ka

Our first brush went in the dustbin .

But after we do what geeg speak clean in clean monomer and lay FLAT after we use we have never had problem with any of our brush for about 8 month .

We think that if you stand up any brush if is the most exspensive brush you can buy you will make that brush no good .

The most important thing is to lay the brush flat we wrap our brush await next customer if stand up the monomer go inside and caput for sure .

Mui from Thailand
Thns Mui i did used to stand it up a while ago but i just store flat now wrapped in clean tissue, do u think it is still all right 2 use as bristles r still clean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back