Brush Control When Using Gel.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of the log roll technique gonna try it when I get back to work. Thanks great explanations and easy to understand.:green:

Hi Geeg (long time no chat) :cool:

I have recently had to seek out a new gel system as the one I was using is no longer available here in NZ. Getting trial kits and what not to assess feel (I was on a three phase, and trialling one phase gels)....and the log method is what I do. At first I thought "no, Nance, wrong. This was not how you were taught to do this." But it works. And I see you do it as well.

Gracias/Merci!

Nancy :)

Thanks for the great tut.. :O)

I have read this over and over again lol... Do many find that using a flat end brush more difficult than a brush with a point for gel ?????

I do. Can't stand a flat brush full.stop. Tried it, hated it, must have oval point brush. :)

HTH's
Nancy :)

Thanks so much for this!!!
Am I right in thinking you should use a brush that has bristles that go to a point? My gel brush (that came with my kit from college) is quite flat?!

Thanks so much for this!!!
Am I right in thinking you should use a brush that has bristles that go to a point? My gel brush (that came with my kit from college) is quite flat?!

Different people like different things.

If you think about it ... even a flat square brush has 'points', two of them, one at each corner :) and you can use those points as well as a central point on an oval or longer brush. Some people prefer one and some prefer the other. Personal choice.

Very well explained - a few good tips that i will definitely try.
Thank you

Wow, thank you for your very detailed help, I have just finished my training & still needing lots of practice. I wasn't aware of how you should hold your brush and the angles, I will try this !:)

This article is great. I didnt realise I was holding the brush wrong! Have somebody coming for gel enhancements in half an hour-will see if this makes a difference! Thanks!

Latest posts

Back