Brush for tidying french polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicifer_noonoo

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've finally found the method of french polishing that works for me, and thats to do it freehand, quickly, then tidy with a small brush and nail varnish remover. Does anyone have an idea where I can get a brush tiny enough for this? Currently using a lash tint brush that came in an old college kit, and its a bit too tired!

Thanks in advance.

Nic

Hello!
I use an eyebrow brush, both with polish and gel for a crisp smile!
HTH
Jo

I've looked everywhere for one tiny enough. Link me up? :)

any art supply shop will have a large range of good quality brushes.HTH

Why don't you just use a tiny oval gel brush ..... that's what I use and it works a treat !

Marlise

Why don't you just use a tiny oval gel brush ..... that's what I use and it works a treat !

Marlise

Same here.. perfect for perfecting the smile and any stray white on the finger tips.

what about when doing this , disturbing the base coat, or doesn't base coat matter when it's French Polish ?

what about when doing this , disturbing the base coat, or doesn't base coat matter when it's French Polish ?

Hi, yes I was wondering the same thing or do you just put the white straight onto the nail tip ?

Personally, I apply the white, then the base, then the natural if using over the top. Never had any problems so far *crosses fingers* :)

I have recently bought a Leighton Denny polish corrector kit which comes with a small oval brush and a bottle of stuff (doesn't say exactly what on the bottle - remover?!) Its fantastic for french and tidy ups generally. It was only £6.

When I use Sticky or my CND Ridge Filler there doesnt seem to be any problem with touching up the white with the base coat under. I dont disturb too much of the base coat and once the pink is applied it looks great. If anyone was worried about the base coat, you could always apply the white edge, then the base coat then the pink before the top coat.

One day I will be able to apply the white perfectly on application and not need to do any corrective work, maybe if the brush in the white polish was a little tapered I could manage. Until then, I will use my oval gel brush which does the trick perfectly for me right now :)

One day I will be able to apply the white perfectly on application and not need to do any corrective work, maybe if the brush in the white polish was a little tapered I could manage. Until then, I will use my oval gel brush which does the trick perfectly for me right now :)

Ever thought about fanning the brush flat?, rather wanting it pointy, there's a video on my webpage.

Ever thought about fanning the brush flat?, rather wanting it pointy, there's a video on my webpage.

I have tried with the brush flat but still seem to get a 'squidged' smile, the tapered brush gives me a little more control 'I think'? I don't do that many over all... maybe I should get my trainer out and practice lots more in between huh?

Thanks for your suggestion though Carl :hug:

Originally Posted by Katelisa
Ive never used this method. first cuz i dont need to and 2nd cuz I apply base coat, then my french pink, then apply the white tip then top coat. so i couldn't anyway!Yes you can! You do it just the same way very gently if you need to and then apply your top coat. If you use Nail Fresh to do the detail then you will never have a problem with smearing or removing anything you have done before!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by talented talons
I have to say, i rarely do the swipe, mainly because i didn't want to ruin the base.

Thanks for letting us know about this, it will come in handy when i am having a bad shaky hand day...lol.

Well you see, that is the cool thing about using Nail Fresh as opposed to acetone or polish remover or Scrub Fresh ...

Nail Fresh evaporates quicker than it can melt the polish ... so ... you tidy up and the polish does not get sticky!! Voila

I have just taken these from this thread http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/57012-who-else-uses-technique-hand-painted-french-polish-2.html#post605342

sorry i havent posted them neatly ,but havent worked out how to qoute from one thread to another yet :o

Originally Posted by Katelisa
Ive never used this method. first cuz i dont need to and 2nd cuz I apply base coat, then my french pink, then apply the white tip then top coat. so i couldn't anyway!Yes you can! You do it just the same way very gently if you need to and then apply your top coat. If you use Nail Fresh to do the detail then you will never have a problem with smearing or removing anything you have done before!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by talented talons
I have to say, i rarely do the swipe, mainly because i didn't want to ruin the base.

Thanks for letting us know about this, it will come in handy when i am having a bad shaky hand day...lol.

Well you see, that is the cool thing about using Nail Fresh as opposed to acetone or polish remover or Scrub Fresh ...

Nail Fresh evaporates quicker than it can melt the polish ... so ... you tidy up and the polish does not get sticky!! Voila

I have just taken these from this thread http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/57012-who-else-uses-technique-hand-painted-french-polish-2.html#post605342

sorry i havent posted them neatly ,but havent worked out how to qoute from one thread to another yet :o

Yeah I use Nailfresh along with my tapered gel brush too. :hug:

I just have to honest here - I cut the brushes of my white polish and just zoom around the smile line no probs!!!!
Just take the brush out , clean off the polish with remover - hold the bristles flat between your fingers and trim to desired shape with VERY sharp scissors ( I use my hairdressing scissors)
Before you know it you wont need to wory about having to take corrective messures.
There you go guys a little welsh secret for you to take home and try!!!
Lots of love - let me know how you get on!
Jayneym xx

I just have to honest here - I cut the brushes of my white polish and just zoom around the smile line no probs!!!!
Just take the brush out , clean off the polish with remover - hold the bristles flat between your fingers and trim to desired shape with VERY sharp scissors ( I use my hairdressing scissors)
Before you know it you wont need to wory about having to take corrective messures.
Jayneym xx

I'll give this a go, thanks for the idea :)

Jayneym xx

Thanks for this :) Just out of interest, what shape do you find works best? Slanted on one side, pointed, flat?

Thanks for this :) Just out of interest, what shape do you find works best? Slanted on one side, pointed, flat?

Just about to ask the same thing !!

Marlise

Personally, I apply the white, then the base, then the natural if using over the top. Never had any problems so far *crosses fingers* :)

I personally do freehand white on top of base, but my nail tech that works for me does it your way b/c she is less sure of herself freehand - and it lasts beautifully! Sometimes I think it lasts better than my 'old fashioned' way!

Latest posts

Back