Brush on or spray activator?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauz

Reaction score
HI All,

I was just wondering what the opinions are on activators...which are best brush on or spray? i have always used spray as that is what i was trained with but i have heard that brush on is better as it does not make the nail look 'pitted' like the sprays do. I was thinking of trying some brush on...if i do how is it applied? i have seen it applied to the cuticle area and then it just sort of 'runs' down the rest of the nail as the finger is angled down...is this the correct way? when i seen it being applied in this way, some of it was going on the skin which made me wonder if it was correct because of over exposure on the skin.

Thank you

With the Fabric# system from Designer Nails, you place a bead of resin on the nail in the middle of zone 2 and then with the brush on activator you quickly brush the resin over zone 2 and 1 and then from zone 3 over all the zones to finish off ... THEN DONT FORGET TO WIPE THE BRUSH WELL BEFORE RETURNING TO THE BOTTLE OR YOU WILL HAVE A STICK NOT A BRUSH.

geeg said:
DONT FORGET TO WIPE THE BRUSH WELL BEFORE RETURNING TO THE BOTTLE OR YOU WILL HAVE A STICK NOT A BRUSH.

Don't ever forget to do this!!!!
Its really frustrating when you've just bought a new bottle of brush on activator and you end up ruining the brush....which i've been known to do on more than one occassion!!!!

i personally prefer the brush on activators as there is hardly any odour and you very very rarely have the client in any discomfort from the warming sensation you can get from the spray.

Latest posts

Back