Brush question???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fraggle

Reaction score
:hug:Hi Guys

Im really recently qualified and desperate to practice with glitters etc, when i first tried, the glitter left a few speckles in the brush, so took ages to clean ( as i panicked and it was the foundation brush they give you on the creative course, so didnt want to mess it up!:irked:) i have since read on here, that i should get some cheap brushes to practice with...., so iv looked:eek:

Sorry anyway getting to my question!, i have only ever used one size brush and im not sure what that is!!:confused: (feel really silly now!) so what size brush should i be looking out for, and more to the point if i practice with cheap varied size brushes, will i not get the hang of a quality different sized brush!!they can all be so expensive if i go quality all the way!!??

Anyone shed some light? :rolleyes:

IMO just use your CND brush (if its the one that comes in the kit it should be a pro styler #8 round) that way you will learn to look after it! I find if its your only brush u tend to be a bit more paraniod and end up looking after it well.. when using glitters all u have to do to clean the brush is simply wipe it on a pad any and all glitter should wipe off.. because it should not be IN your brush (if its getting inside your brush your ratio of liquid to powder is too wet) product should only ever sit on the outside of your brush if your ratios are correct, a quick wipe on a clean pad takes off any tiny bits of glitter and brings it back to your trained shape.

Make sure you also store your brush once wiped clean nice and flat in a coffin or a box with a lint free pad under the head, secure it with some blue tack if it rolls about.

You can buy other brushes from your Creative supplier that are still very good quality but not quite so Expensive.

There is the INM blue brush that is pre flattened and with a short handle which I like very much and also the wooden handled 'paddle' brush both of which I use.

I bought a few brushes like Geeg said from Hyperion group to use with my glitters, I didnt want to ruin my 'baby', lol! I find them very good, I have the alternative Ultra Sculptor from designer nails, which I find just great.

I keep a seperate brush for working with glitter, there's nothing worse than getting the odd bit of glitter in a set of nails that are P&W or natural.
The brush is the same as the one I normally use but I mark the handle so as not to confuse them.

Latest posts

Back