brush upset

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

angel fingers

Reaction score
yesterday when wiping my brush on tissue, the entire bunch of bristles came right out of the ferrule. when i called the company to see about a replacement, i spoke to the director and he refused to believe what had happened, he said no, thats not possible, that just doesnt happen. he spoke to me like i was some kind of idiot saying that his wife had been a tech for 20 years and theres no way that would happen. he made me feel so stupid for even mentioning the problem, the brush was a good quality kolinsky sable brush and i had only been using it for about 4 weeks.he told me that brushes should not be cleaned in monomer and only brush cleaner was suitable, although actuallly all i had done with it was dip it in monomer to make sure it was clean prior to using it.i cant belive i was treated like this by a company i reguly order from and have had no trouble with in the past. havent they heard of customer good will. i'm seething, sorry to bore you all. :( :mad: :mad: :(

I wonder how much your brush would have cost the company to replace for you hmmm! Some companies will only look at the small picture rather than the bigger picture - maybe that company has just lost you as a customer - all for the sake of a brush.

I'm really sorry to hear that!! perhaps he was having a bad day!!! Regardless it has happened and something does need to be done about it. Give them another call and see if they will take a look at it before passing judgement.
i have dealt with a few nail companys that have sent me faulty products and they are always more than happy to let me return and replace.....it helps them to check out a faulty product for future sales .
Good Luck

angel fingers said:
yesterday when wiping my brush on tissue, the entire bunch of bristles came right out of the ferrule. when i called the company to see about a replacement, i spoke to the director and he refused to believe what had happened, he said no, thats not possible, that just doesnt happen. he spoke to me like i was some kind of idiot saying that his wife had been a tech for 20 years and theres no way that would happen. he made me feel so stupid for even mentioning the problem, the brush was a good quality kolinsky sable brush and i had only been using it for about 4 weeks.he told me that brushes should not be cleaned in monomer and only brush cleaner was suitable, although actuallly all i had done with it was dip it in monomer to make sure it was clean prior to using it.i cant belive i was treated like this by a company i reguly order from and have had no trouble with in the past. havent they heard of customer good will. i'm seething, sorry to bore you all. :( :mad: :mad: :(
Oh dear that's not good - but call them back and quote the law - The Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994 - states that goods or services provided must of a merchantable quality, this obviously from you have said is not....htp...maybe they will reconsider,and if not contact your local trading standards if all else fails....atb Louise

I had the same sort of thing happen to me. I'd spent over £700 in a capital after doing a airbrushing course with a different company. Got home only to find all my paints had got from the kit i had bought. So i called capital who were great and told me to come back in the morning which i did. Collected my paints and went home straight away to play with my new toy. Had great fun doing loads of nail but i new i had to clean the airgun. Took it all apart like we were shown only to find i counldn't get the tiny screw that sits in the front back in! Back to Capital and again they were great and offered to exchange the gun for me. They rang the company to explane what had happened only to get a reply that i should sent my gun off and they would fix it, the gun would be gone for 2 weeks! i'd spent all this money and couldnt use it. I spoke to the lady on the phone only to be told that it was my fault and i would have to pay....

Well as you can guess i was not very happy with this and told the lady how much i'd spent and i would not be sending my gun back it was being replaced. It didnt go down very well but i have since had a call from the director and everything sorted out.

vicky ( i needed to get that off my chest..lol)

you know, its not even so much that i'm bothered about the brush, i'm just so shocked that i was spoken to in such a way. i thought they would say ' oh sorry, we'll pop a new one in the post for you', or at least ask me to send it back for them to look at. :eek:

angel fingers said:
you know, its not even so much that i'm bothered about the brush, i'm just so shocked that i was spoken to in such a way. i thought they would say ' oh sorry, we'll pop a new one in the post for you', or at least ask me to send it back for them to look at. :eek:

I quote understand - just looked at your Profile and its blank - trying to figure out which supplier was not being professional but no clues...darn :)

hmmm. Some odd information there (ie using cleaner and not monomer). If monomer was so bad for your brush... then using it to apply product would trash it.
I would not recommend ever using a brush cleaner (though this should have little to do with the premature hair loss...ooo... maybe that was why he was so defensive... it happened to him too!).

If the brush is that new... it sounds to me like a bad crimp (which can happen). Otherwise, it is usually an indication that the user plucks stray hairs out of the brush instead of cutting them at the base.
Plucking hairs out will result in a losser crimp that can make your brush lose hair faster than Kojack on a cool winter day.

PS... lets not name and shame please ;)

Hiya

i experienced bad service with a company i bought a lamp that cost nearly £200 and from day 1 it was faulty after tooing and frooing i never did get a replacement so i voted with my account and i have never shopped there since!! And i spend a LOT of money per month!!

So its their loss. I did give them lots of chances and since they have rung me loads of times to try and get my business back but NO chance once bitten and all that!

The Nail Geek said:
hmmm. Some odd information there (ie using cleaner and not monomer). If monomer was so bad for your brush... then using it to apply product would trash it.

If the brush is that new... it sounds to me like a bad crimp (which can happen). yeah man, thats exactly what i said on both counts. i wouldnt mind if it had been a few hairs, but it was the entire bunch , still perfectly intact, tied with a little thread around the base. :rolleyes:

First of all sorry to hear about how badly you have been treated by that director I am not one for complaining but I would not let that pass, I always clean my brush in Momomer and I have only recently had to buy a new one my other lasted me 4 year (eventhough you are recommended to change it more frequently that that)

Dont want to name and shame, but could you PM me the name of the company, or if you dont want to let me know, and i will PM you my details. I dont want to upset anyone but we had a problem with a company that the bristles came out in 1 large lump, (actually had to return over 20 brushes!) if its the same company, i can back you up. Please let me help.

The Nail Geek said:

yeah man, thats exactly what i said on both counts. i wouldnt mind if it had been a few hairs, but it was the entire bunch , still perfectly intact, tied with a little thread around the base. :rolleyes:
If this is the case the company should DEFINITLEY take it back and replace it - that is a faulty brush for sure!!!

The Nail Geek said:
PS... lets not name and shame please ;)

Please could you tell me why we shouldn't "name and shame"?
It seems like very useful information to me - i wouldn't want to use a company with service (and misinformation) like that, and you never get to find these things out until after the fact.
If it's for legal reasons, then of course i understand.

I'd say because there are 2 sides to every story!!! And many stories can get fabricated as they are passed from one person to another!
i dealt with one company to place an order and i could'nt believe the attitude of the owner.....she called me an hour later to say that she was having a really bad day and could'nt apologise enough... we all have off days!!!

diesel1978 said:
I'd say because there are 2 sides to every story!!! And many stories can get fabricated as they are passed from one person to another!
i dealt with one company to place an order and i could'nt believe the attitude of the owner.....she called me an hour later to say that she was having a really bad day and could'nt apologise enough... we all have off days!!!

I appreciate what you're saying - and i think i'm a pretty forgiving person, always happy to make allowances for "bad days" or misunderstandings. But "your" person *did* get back to you - which makes it understandable. I had a not dissimilar experience recently, and it's the fact that they get back to you that makes the difference - if they didn't, then how are you supposed to know what the problem is? I think in that instance (if there is no explanation) you are justified in being dissatisfied with their service - after all, we're not doormats, and if you are dealing with a company, i think it is their responsiblity to provide you with a good service, even if they are having a bad day.
So, I think we have a right to expect good service, but, being nice people we can also make some allowances for "bad days" provided this is explained, and dealt with properly.
I also think that if companies persistently deal badly with customers, it is a good thing if word gets around.

Yoga cat u are completely correct in what you say....what i was referring to was the naming and shaming of the company......i am completely on you side in this matter but i agree with Mr Geek that we should'nt name and shame!!!

Hey there,

The reason I don't want to name and shame is because I dont want the negativity associated with the naming and shaming approach with the site. You can always PM the person who has had the complaint to see who it was, but it is inappropriate to slam a company or person publicly without them being able to put accross their side of the story. Otherwise we could easily have someone slating a company without really knowing if they are telling the truth or not.

The fact of the matter is that all public posts are to be constructive, the act of naming and shaming is destructive and have no place on this site.
Personally, I am shocked by what appears to be a pathetic approach to customer service. I would also not shop with the company in question based upon what has been posted, but then again if I was so bothered to know who it was... I would PM Angel Fingers if I suspected I may be conducting buisness with them and contact them to find out what the scoop was.

Hope this helps.

The Nail Geek said:
Hey there,

The reason I don't want to name and shame is because I dont want the negativity associated with the naming and shaming approach with the site. You can always PM the person who has had the complaint to see who it was, but it is inappropriate to slam a company or person publicly without them being able to put accross their side of the story. Otherwise we could easily have someone slating a company without really knowing if they are telling the truth or not.

The fact of the matter is that all public posts are to be constructive, the act of naming and shaming is destructive and have no place on this site.
Personally, I am shocked by what appears to be a pathetic approach to customer service. I would also not shop with the company in question based upon what has been posted, but then again if I was so bothered to know who it was... I would PM Angel Fingers if I suspected I may be conducting buisness with them and contact them to find out what the scoop was.

Hope this helps.

Okey-dokey - that all makes sense, i can see that there is a well-thought out policy on this. And i tend to forget about the very useful PM service :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back