Brushes falling apart

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
So I’ve just trained in acrylics and I’ve done two sets with my current brand and each time the brush has just started shedding hair and then literally fallen apart.

I know I’m new to it but don’t feel I’m being particularly hard on the brush.

Could it be that I’m using salon services stuff? Which I know isn’t that fantastic a product?

What brush were you using? I'd think the build of the brush was possibly the issue.

It’s an ASP brush not the most expensive I know I have an Ezflow one coming but if that starts falling apart I will cry!

Why don't you contact the place where you got them from as they should not just fall apart like that. Have you been using anything to clean the brush?

I have already, they exchanged it over with the asp one. I was taught to clean with the acrylic liquid but this is from first use.

I have already, they exchanged it over with the asp one. I was taught to clean with the acrylic liquid but this is from first use.
Funny you should say that, i bought an ASP brush too 1st set in and it was shedding to, how annoying

Funny you should say that, i bought an ASP brush too 1st set in and it was shedding to, how annoying
I would say this was completely falling apart rather than just shedding!

I would say this was completely falling apart rather than just shedding!
I wonder if its that brand ive tried to carry on with it but the amount im loosing each it is beyond a joke. Has your new brush arrived yet?

Yeah it has but I’m worried to use it!

Your brush is your best tool as a nail technician. Expect to pay a decent price for a good quality one.
If you use a cheap, poorly made brush it will make your job extremely difficult.

Your brush is your best tool as a nail technician. Expect to pay a decent price for a good quality one.
If you use a cheap, poorly made brush it will make your job extremely difficult.
I’ve got my Ezflow one to use as I say was just concerned as two brushes just fell apart basically seemed an odd coincidence, yes one was cheap but the other one was middle range really.

Just adding a quick question to this post... what’s the best way to store your acrylic brush? The one I have came with my set from my course and so far have kept it in its plastic tube but the tube has now started to crack and break...

That looks great! The only problem is I’ll be going mobile so I need something that will keep my brush in good condition whilst being transported around.
I spoke too soon about my brush shedding the whole thing bloody fell apart today [emoji19]

I spoke too soon about my brush shedding the whole thing bloody fell apart today [emoji19]
I would recommend Ezflow brushes they are fantastic!

Latest posts

Back