Brushes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaybeaut

Reaction score
Hi guys really stuck for which brushes to use for acrylic and gel. I've bought many off Ebay but they never last! Also, with acrylic brushes how do you make them last / how should they be treated after each use? Mine just go really hard and I have to end up throwing them away! Any links / recommendations would be a great help! Xx

I use Glitterbels size 10 at the moment but also have the 12. They are beautiful and soft. For hard gel I use a NSI size 6 and a generic size four xx

I use cjp big boy brush and I love it! I also have the glitterbels size 12 but it's a smidge too big for me!

Thankyou guys I will have a look online now! Any tips for cleaning or presenting them from hardening up? X

With acrylic ake sure you pick up your beads with the tip of your brush. Don't press your brush deep into the powder as this will clog the brush making it harder to clean.

Thankyou guys I will have a look online now! Any tips for cleaning or presenting them from hardening up? X
I keep it as clean as I can during services and then really douse it in my monomer to make sure everything's out and then I do use a brush cleaner every now & then but not after every use!

I use NSI kolinsky size 8 which I love and it comes with its own lid/cover so sure that helps. Also, reshaping it carefully into a point before I put the lid on! I’ve just bought their size 10 but haven’t tried it yet. I was also just about to get the Glitterbels size 12 but wondered if it would be too big!

I use cjp big boy brush and I love it! I also have the glitterbels size 12 but it's a smidge too big for me!
Hi there! I just had a quick question...I don't mean to butt in but I noticed you said the CJP big boy was smaller than the Glitterbels 12? I just wanted to make sure I understood. I just got the Glitterbels 12 as well because the 10 is sold out everywhere I found them. It is a tad big. I've been considering getting the CJP big boy but their site said it was a 14 and that scared me off I would appreciate your opinion since you've got them both! Thank you so much!

Hiya! I think it could have been bigger than a 12 possibly, I don't have it anymore so I can't check! I was sure I ordered a 12! it was a rounded shape though and I prefer the pinched style which is what the big boy is! Sorry I'm no help!! They are pricey and you want to get the right one! If you join the cjp Facebook group there is a picture of some brushes all together to get an idea of size hope that helps xxx

Hiya! I think it could have been bigger than a 12 possibly, I don't have it anymore so I can't check! I was sure I ordered a 12! it was a rounded shape though and I prefer the pinched style which is what the big boy is! Sorry I'm no help!! They are pricey and you want to get the right one! If you join the cjp Facebook group there is a picture of some brushes all together to get an idea of size hope that helps xxx
Thank you! You're right, it may be the round style making it seem so big. CJP brushes are out of stock at moment so I guess I have a week or two to continue deciding :) It is the expense that gives me so much anxiety! It's a costly mistake to choose the wrong one but will be worth it when I land on the right brush for me, right? Thanks again!

I recently got a Nailmate 'You've Got This' size 12 after seeing one in action on Youtube. I've tried quite a few and this is my favourite. Perfect size and holds it shape brilliantly.

I think the Glitterbels is a firmer brush then the Big Boy which I prefer. I find the big boy quite long.
I always used crimped brushes then tried a round one was was surprised to find they were just as easy to use.
Glitterbels was the only brush I couldn’t get to grips with.
Both these brushes aren’t at the higher end of pricing for brushes and it’s worthwhile trying different ones if you can to find what suits you.
My favourite fir a while has been the metal handled TNBL size 12. I go through brushes too quick but these last me for a while.
Another I’d recommend is glitter planet magic stick. I love this one and it’s perfect size, length and weight for me but I get product stuck in the brush otherwise it would be my first choice every time.

I love Crystal Nails brushes for gel.

Latest posts

Back