Bubbles with Vinylux

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SerenityNailz

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've noticed that sometimes there are little bubbles on the surface of my Vinylux once I have top coated :-(

Any ideas?

x

talk us through your procedure :)

Shape nail
Cuticle away and cuticle work
Deactivate CA With soap and water
Scrubfresh
Colour coat x 2
Top coat

X

The bubbles seem to appear as it dries x

are the nails completely dry when your putting the polish on?

It could be that there is a bit of scrub fresh still on the surface of the nail or even absorbed in by the nail and it's coming through the polish.

Your nail wipe should be just damp with scrub fresh and not soaking in it.

It seems to be the topcoat though and not the colour coats? x

My suggestion is that your layers are too thick. Thin colour coats and more generous top coat

My suggestion is that your layers are too thick. Thin colour coats and more generous top coat

Thank you :) I have been struggling with too thick/too thin layers - trying to get the right balance! x

So I've just tried it out on a colour pop and not a bump in sight - think i may be leaving some cuticle on the nail plate - it does only seem to be when I do my own nails and I'm not as thorough with PEP on my own (slaps wrist) :) strange how it only shows once top coated though?

X

Do you use solar speed spray? I noticed this when I used it but they soon disappeared.

x

No - they are like tiny air bubbles in the top coat x

I've noticed this also on my own nails. It doesn't occur on every one though. It doesn't happen with the color coat, only the top coat. It's little bubbles in the top coat. I just assume it's because I shook the top coat too much.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

I've noticed this also on my own nails. It doesn't occur on every one though. It doesn't happen with the color coat, only the top coat. It's little bubbles in the top coat. I just assume it's because I shook the top coat too much.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

Do you shake V-lux on application ? Don't you just roll it between your palms like normal polish?

To the op Do you think the bubbles could be because its drying to quick ? Maybe your panicking and whipping it on to quick ?

Do you shake V-lux on application ? Don't you just roll it between your palms like normal polish?

To the op Do you think the bubbles could be because its drying to quick ? Maybe your panicking and whipping it on to quick ?

You give VINYLUX a shake and it does not cause bubbles ... And you can 'whip it on' as quick as you like and it goes on even better if you do. VINYLUX is meant to dry quickly .. It is formulated to dry in 8.5 minutes.

I've never seen bubbles with VINYLUX and i shake and apply very quickly, so can only conclude that a contaminant caused the problem and that the OP was not using the correct products that should be used in the system.

You give VINYLUX a shake and it does not cause bubbles ... And you can 'whip it on' as quick as you like and it goes on even better if you do. VINYLUX is meant to dry quickly .. It is formulated to dry in 8.5 minutes.

I've never seen bubbles with VINYLUX and i shake and apply very quickly, so can only conclude that a contaminant caused the problem and that the OP was not using the correct products that should be used in the system.

Thanks geeg - I am using 100% genuine and correct products and following the correct procedure (cuticle away, deactivate, scrubfresh etc) - I have deduced that it was my rock royalty causing the issue as all of my other colours seem to be fine so it must have been contaminated? I've binned it and will be replacing it so problem solved :)

x

Do you have a air ventilation system??

As you file your clients nails the little bits of nail fillings fly up in the air.... But they then fall back down! By the time you've painted this could be the tiny particles landing into your wet top coat. Also why you wouldn't get it happening with colour pops as you don't file colour pops

Ok I'm literally at my wits end with vinylux!!!!! I am doing everything by the book and even on colour pops now I'm getting bubbles - sometimes in the colour coat, sometimes in the top coat and I have replaced my rock royalty and top coat which I thought were the problems. I've tried shaking, not shaking, rolling etc!

It's embarrassing - I did a friends nails the other night and ended up doing them completely free of charge as they were all bubbly! The bubbles don't always appear when applied - sometimes they appear as its drying!!

It's not filing dust as I tried it again on colour pops and got the same result. I would post a pic but it doesn't really show up well on camera!

Think i may be removing this from my menu until its resolved!

:-( x

I think maybe you have cuticle left on the nail. If its not that, I'd love to sit you down in front of me and watch what you are doing as I have never seen this phenomenon ... Never seen a single bubble ever. No one is saying anything but positive raves about VINYLUX and its performance so I suggest you contact your nearest CND educator, 121, and have her assess what you are doing. Even clients are raving about VINYLUX and not having problems with application, and they are amateurs!

I'm not doubting you may be having a problem but since you started this thread, we gone from, it's not the colour only the top coat, then it was only on you not others, now it's the colour as well as the top coat and happening on clients! I think it's time to see an education ambassador because it just isn't that difficult and I don't think your problem is VINYLUX , as your title implies.

Last edited:
Could it be fuzzies on the nail / little bits of lint or wipe? If you get these in the polish it can make the surface look uneven or bubbly. If you then get them on the brush you may be contaminating the bottle so they start to appear more and more.

I remember when the fuzzies were the pain in many a shellackers life!

I was planning on contacting my educator today as I really don't understand what I could be doing wrong. I dont have any issues with normal polish or shellac. I had thought the issue was contaminated bottles but its clearly not - I have switched cuticle pushers recently so I was thinking it could be cuticle but it also happened on the colour pops?

I'm not for one minute suggesting that the problem is vinylux and I myself think its a fab product - just unsure where I could be going wrong. I'm sure my lovely EA will be able to shed some light on it :)

Thanks folks

X

Latest posts

Back