Bucks Fizz, anyone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HWilliams

Reaction score
Hi all,

Any of you between Chester & Birkenhead free on Sat between 11 and 3?

I'm having an open day at my 5 week old treatment room in Bromborough and terrified no- one will come.

Really nervous, I have a raffle but only sold 1 strip of tickets so far and had a psychic booked but NO-ONE booked so I cancelled her today cos to embarrassed to bring her over for nothing.

I will be giving a glass of Bucks Fizz to everyone, there will be little nibbles. Trying to be on hand to meet & greet and take contact details/bookings while having to do all this outside. If people turn up with kids, they're not allowed in the gym so I'll do glitter tattoos outside and have goody bags with info on my services and the gym.

I don't want to cancel the event but feeling like I should because I know no-one will show and I'll cry.

My husband even FORGOT this Saturday was my open day and has planned to work.

I feel so crap :-(

Oh bless your heart :(
:hug:
My heart goes out to you!
Unfortunately I'm nowhere near you but I didn't want to read and run.

I'm sure plenty of people will turn up. Stick a few posters up, tell everyone you meet... You'll be laughing! Try and keep your chin up, I know it's nerve-wracking but honestly even if only a couple of people turn up I'm sure the most important people will... your future clients!

I wish you the very best of luck. I'll be thinking of you :D
Please let me know how it goes!!

xx

Oh what a shame. I work in Bromborough but I'm away this weekend. I'd have come along to offer some moral support. Where are you exactly? I'll see what my mum and Aunty are up to on Sat. Set up a little table outside the front door with a sign saying something like "XYZ Open day, free Shellac demos and a glass of Bucks Fizz."
When people come in, which they will, ask them to take a seat and do a Shellac on their pinky, once you've impressed them and dazzled them with your charm and friendliness ask them if they'd like to book in on Monday etc. It worked when I opened my salon years ago.
You'll be fine, sending you warm wishes and lots of luck, let us know how you get on xxxx

Ps, doesn't have to be Shellac demo's but as it's an instant result it's a good selling point xx

What time is it hun? I'll be meeting my fella in Chester about 5 ish so could persuade him I think xoxo

Hiya
Sounds like a great opening day, would of loved to come if I was near but I'm in Newcastle, I'm sure as the word is out your day will be a success :)
Good luck hun x x

Best of luck hun, I've been open 5 weeks 7 am thinking of having an open day in a couple of weeks.

Let us know how it goes xx

Oh bless your heart :(
:hug:
My heart goes out to you!
Unfortunately I'm nowhere near you but I didn't want to read and run.

I'm sure plenty of people will turn up. Stick a few posters up, tell everyone you meet... You'll be laughing! Try and keep your chin up, I know it's nerve-wracking but honestly even if only a couple of people turn up I'm sure the most important people will... your future clients!

I wish you the very best of luck. I'll be thinking of you :D
Please let me know how it goes!!

xx

Thank you so much... You are right. What will be will be x

Ps, doesn't have to be Shellac demo's but as it's an instant result it's a good selling point xx

Hiya, I'm at Klick fitness on the Croft Business Park.

That's a great idea BUT, due to the damn security coded doors, I have to be outside :(

We'll have to meet up for Frankie & Benny's or a Pizza Hut one day x

What time is it hun? I'll be meeting my fella in Chester about 5 ish so could persuade him I think xoxo

Aww, it's 11-3pm. I'll be in bed by 5pm. Think I'm coming down with something now.

I would have thought Hayfever but it's turned dead cold and windy again

Let me know when you both are in Chester for a night out and I'll come out with you's one night

Been months since I had a night out/drink

Hiya
Sounds like a great opening day, would of loved to come if I was near but I'm in Newcastle, I'm sure as the word is out your day will be a success :)
Good luck hun x x

Thank you x

Best of luck hun, I've been open 5 weeks 7 am thinking of having an open day in a couple of weeks.

Let us know how it goes xx

Sadly, it's not been the greatest thing as the amount of people that have stood staring into my room, blatantly ignoring that I'm right there saying "oh she's not open til the 31st" and I have to grab them and say, "I've been open nearly a month, I just wanted to have an Open Day"

And breathe... Lol

Sorry to say not my area, but i wish you all the best.

If loads of people come, brilliant, if not, their loss. I can tell from your posts that you are a great therapist and strive to give the best treatments possible....people will soon find this out xx

So sorry, but have relatives visiting tomorrow, otherwise it would have been good to finally meet you. Hope it all goes fab though!

Good luck hun..I'm sure you'll be fine :) always will be nervewracking but you'll definitely get more than your expecting :) let us no xx

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

Hi all, I'm home...

It was tragically awful.

I set up and my friend and her nan turned up and helped me blow up balloons and stuff.

Then she left and a group of lads came out the gym and actually said, "oh that's a really clever idea, sausage rolls outside a gym"

I said I'm not promoting the gym, I have a beauty room inside and just done some nibbly bits up.

They all laughed and called me stupid...

I just ignored it and tried to get other people to buy raffle tickets and every passer by said they had no money.

I was offering free bucks fizz, no-one took it. Two guys even said I was crazy to offer as they had to go weight training!

Every hour, I changed the table, so at 12, I binned the food and made the glitter tattoos more visible, the passing parents just wanted to go to the kids play area next door even though I took down the £2 sign and said I'd do them for free.

A couple walked by and the guy said to his lady friend, that I was doing facepainting. I tried to correct him but he just laughed and they walked off...

So, that was a complete waste of a day.

I'm going to hibernate til I'm open again at 10am on Tuesday.

H x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Aww im really sorry to hear that! Stupid roid heads only know how to pour powder into water n drink it and how to lift weights nothin else.
Maybe do another one next month and take leaflets to the local shops and door to door advertising it? Add in the paper? Maybe tell friends to come and you could take a chair outside and do eyebrows or small things there do people see you doing treatments etc... Xoxo

Aww im really sorry to hear that! Stupid roid heads only know how to pour powder into water n drink it and how to lift weights nothin else.
Maybe do another one next month and take leaflets to the local shops and door to door advertising it? Add in the paper? Maybe tell friends to come and you could take a chair outside and do eyebrows or small things there do people see you doing treatments etc... Xoxo

lol love the first bit x

Hi all, I'm home...

It was tragically awful.

I set up and my friend and her nan turned up and helped me blow up balloons and stuff.

Then she left and a group of lads came out the gym and actually said, "oh that's a really clever idea, sausage rolls outside a gym"

I said I'm not promoting the gym, I have a beauty room inside and just done some nibbly bits up.

They all laughed and called me stupid...

I just ignored it and tried to get other people to buy raffle tickets and every passer by said they had no money.

I was offering free bucks fizz, no-one took it. Two guys even said I was crazy to offer as they had to go weight training!

Every hour, I changed the table, so at 12, I binned the food and made the glitter tattoos more visible, the passing parents just wanted to go to the kids play area next door even though I took down the £2 sign and said I'd do them for free.

A couple walked by and the guy said to his lady friend, that I was doing facepainting. I tried to correct him but he just laughed and they walked off...

So, that was a complete waste of a day.

I'm going to hibernate til I'm open again at 10am on Tuesday.

H x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Aww bless you :hug: reading that reminds me a bit of when I did a carboot sale for 6 hours & not 1 person bought a thing from me! lol I didn't even make 1p... I kept holding out for someone to buy something & they didn't :( (ok not quite the same circumstances lol) I kept re arranging my items on my pasting table hoping something would catch someone's eye but nopeeee not a sausage lol

are you having many clients come to your salon when your open? Xxx

Oh no ! I am sad for you, don't take it personally that's what people are like.
I have held party's at my salon and we have been around a long time so lots of clients, they all think it's a great idea and say they will come then they don't show on the night!
You can only count on family and friends, and yr staff :) at least you had a go :)

Latest posts

Back