buff, high gloss shine or gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janeawallace

Reaction score
After applying L&P nails do you recommend just buffing to a shine or do any of you apply high gloss shine or a layer of gel???

Thx

:)

I love buffing to a high shine it looks so nice.
It all depends if the client wants a shine to last if so then I will apply a coat of either Super Shinny or in some cases a coat of Brisa UV Topcoat.

I love the U.V finishing gloss on the top but i also like buffing tho if i'm having an arm ache day I definately encourage gel topcoat hehe! but i always give the clients the option.
Tho its rare i put it on myself cause my nail file destroys it!!

I think the answer to your question is down to personal preference, but any one of the three options mentioned gives a nice finish to the enhancement IMO.

I think the answer to your question is down to personal preference, but any one of the three options mentioned gives a nice finish to the enhancement IMO.

I agree. I always wear my nails just oiled and buffed with the 1200 grit side of the CND Koala Buffer. It gives a satin finish that looks just like a natural healthy nail.

If I want High shine I use 1 or 2 coats of Super Shiney or Brisa UV Finishing Gloss if I want permanence.

In the salon I charge extra for Polish, UV Finishing gloss or hand buffing to a high shine. All are treated as extras because they take extra time. Super Shiney is included in the price if that is what the client wants .. takes 2 minutes.

In the salon I charge extra for Polish, UV Finishing gloss or hand buffing to a high shine. All are treated as extras because they take extra time. Super Shiney is included in the price if that is what the client wants .. takes 2 minutes.
I have never thought of that I charge the same if they decide on just super shinny, buffed or uv topcoat.
Looks like I might have to re think my prices:lol:

I charge an additional £2.00 if clients want the gel top coat rather than buffing to a shine. It's additional product, which has to be bought, after all. I always give them the choice. Not everyone wants high shine though, quite a few prefer the more natural look of buffing to a shine using oil and a 3-way buffer or whatever (this is also popular not least because the regrowth is not so obvious as when there is a distinction between a high gloss finish and the matte of new growth.)

Latest posts

Back