Buff off gels vs L&P?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginalhaytonxx

Reaction score
What are the differences? I know they are applied in different ways but when advising clients which to have how would you decide which one to use??

They are two different nail systems, although they can both be used as a nno or sculpted on a tip or form. Gel is more flexible and suited better to hard nails whilst l&p is much harder and suited better to weaker more flexible nails. Both are great for protecting the natural nail if applied properly.

I have just trained in both systems and I have very hard nails, the l&p looked great but felt awful, my nails felt as though they didn't belong to me iykwim :lol:, I now have a full set of Brisa gel and they feel gorgeous, so much so that I am having them rebalanced and keeping them on for a while. If offering enhancements both systems have their own merits for individual clients but if I were you I would definitely look on the link given above and it will be worthwhile doing a search too hth xx

Im trained in both too and with terrible nails (not through products, its medical!) amd i find l&p much more suited too me.

Each client is going to be different but why not learn both?

Thankyou that's helped loads :) I am trained in both but we only covered soak of gel (calgel) at college which I didn't like so I've bought some hard gel from nail harmony and find this loads better I just didn't understand the differences x

Why domt you try it out on yourself?

One hand l&p one gel?

Why domt you try it out on yourself?

One hand l&p one gel?

I have but can't do my right hand as good anyway but I suppose I could do it just on my left hand with both! I just didn't know how to explain to clients the difference ;) x

Latest posts

Back