Buffing before a fill with Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~bec~

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Im new and this is my first post.
My biggest problem as a nail tech is the time it takes me to buff back old gel when preparing the nails before applying new gel on an infill.
I have only been a nail tech for 5 months and only have 14 customers. There fore, having 2-3 appointments a week.
Does it take time to get quicker at this??
Does anyone have any pointers???
Luv Bec

Hi bec and welcome to the nail geek site.

My first question on reading your post, would have to be why yu are having to buff off so much gel inpreparation for your rebalance? Are you getting allot of lifting?
Normally I would say, that there should not be much buffing required. If you are having lifting problems this could change things though! :D

If you are not having problems, then there is no need at all to do as much preparation as you seem to be doing. A little re-shaping, a little thinning in the right areas, reducing the length should be all you need to do.

Thanks for your reply. :) About 10% of my clients get lifting, i beleive this to be because they are using clensers and top coats that are softening the gel. Not all my clinets purchase the recommended clenser and top coat. (from Bio Sculpture).:mad:

When i think about it, i do beleive i am buffing back to much gel, rather than just thining it in the correct areas.:o Also the fact that i am a fus pot!!!!!

I have two clients this afternoon, so i will try buffing less and see if i get the infills done quicker!!

Latest posts

Back