Buffing clear gel before polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlw1

Reaction score
Hi have yet to try this but just wondered if polish will stay on clear gel longer if you buff the gel first?

:)

not sure why you would need to really?
I find regular polish lasts really well on any type of enhancements. It doesn't chip or flake like it can do on natural nail. What it does tend to do is slightly wear on the free-edge, more-so if someone types as a living.
Plus if the client wishes to remove her polish she would then need to replace that shine with a clear top-coat.
All too much of a faff if you ask me!

Thanks I ask because I have polished onto clear gel overlays (my nails) about three times now and I am finding a few of my nails chipping and it is very fustrating!!:(

what products are you using?
Maybe others have experienced this too.

I have never in all my years as a nail tech seen polish chip on enhancements. Did u mean the overlay chipping or polish wearing at the ends?

The polish is actually chipping but the gel is still in tact. I am using lechat nobility competition soak off clear gel. I have Nubar clear gel but have yet to try it on that.

:|

Hmmm.
Not sure why it would be happening because like ellewopter, I've never had a polish chip on gel or l&P.
Do you wipe your nails proir to polish application, but allow the wipe to evaporate fully?
What polish brand do you use?
Do you use any base or top coats?

Hi I have soaked off the gel and applied Nubar uv buff off gel and my nail polish has stayed on without chipping - where I was going wrong before I don't know but this time it worked!! I am using OPI Polish - trust them 100%:cool:

Latest posts

Back