buffing help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teena_B

Reaction score
Hi
When I do my UV Gel nails or Fibreglass/Silk nails, when I have finished buffing, I can see tiny scratch marks. I'm not happy, even though others have told me that they look good. If I can still see them, I feel the job isn't complete. Here's how I buff:

1. 240 grit to give an even finish
  2. white star nails sanding blocks
  3. 3 sided buffer
What am I doing wrong? Is there a better method? What stage am I not doing enough of (if that makes sense!)

As always, all help greatly appreciated, as I have my insurance sorted and am gonna start advertising tomorrow!:cool:

Teena_B said:
Hi
When I do my UV Gel nails or Fibreglass/Silk nails, when I have finished buffing, I can see tiny scratch marks. I'm not happy, even though others have told me that they look good. If I can still see them, I feel the job isn't complete. Here's how I buff:

3. 3 sided buffer
What am I doing wrong? Is there a better method? What stage am I not doing enough of (if that makes sense!)

As always, all help greatly appreciated, as I have my insurance sorted and am gonna start advertising tomorrow!:cool:
I would say that you're not doing enough with the white sanding block - that's what takes out the tiny scratches for me.

Teena_B said:
Hi

3. 3 sided buffer

Yep as Carole says you need to do more work with that white block (or koala buffer) to remove the scratches created, and really give it a good buffing then move onto your buffing...I personally use the grey, then white then wipe with a dehydrator then use the final edge to get that shine... and boy will they dazzel you...hope this helps

I'm gonna try that! Thanks! To be honest, I thought it was the white block that was CAUSING the scratches! DOH!!!

I know what you mean about the white block causing scratches, it does feel quite abrasive especially when new, but if you kind of squeeze it in your fingers abit it helps to make it feel less harsh. But the white block is the smoothing one.

Normally with gel you get a finishing gel which gives a high gloss finish and will totally cover up any "scratch" marks and cut out any excess buffing- not sure if you could use it over fibreglass as I don't do it.

Teena_B said:
Hi

3. 3 sided buffer

Hi ya Hun,
Here is what I do, on L&P and Fibreglass..............
240 grit to refine the enhancements ,I use a Koala 240/1200 grit.....
after buffing with the 240 side of the koala, I then apply solar oil and buff this into the nail with the 1200 side of the koala.........
Scrubfresh the nail and then buff with the girlfriend buffer, black, white then when I use the grey side, I just give the buffer a quick wipe with a little scrubfresh and buff............... it's like glass hun.............

I dont buff the gels , I use the finishing gloss..............
HTH

I'm gonna get some practise in with these methods. Thanks guys, you're stars!

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Hi ya Hun,
Here is what I do, on L&P and Fibreglass..............
240 grit to refine the enhancements ,I use a Koala 240/1200 grit.....
after buffing with the 240 side of the koala, I then apply solar oil and buff this into the nail with the 1200 side of the koala.........
Scrubfresh the nail and then buff with the girlfriend buffer, black, white then when I use the grey side, I just give the buffer a quick wipe with a little scrubfresh and buff............... it's like glass hun.............

I dont buff the gels , I use the finishing gloss..............
HTH
Just thought I'd let you know, I just did my first nails since reading this post, and MY GOD IT'S WONDERFUL!!!:D

I did fibreglass and UV Gel versions, and both came out wonderful!

I LUV U!!!;)

Teena_B said:
Just thought I'd let you know, I just did my first nails since reading this post, and MY GOD IT'S WONDERFUL!!!:D

I did fibreglass and UV Gel versions, and both came out wonderful!

I LUV U!!!;)

Nice one Teena

Glad you sorted it, its a great feeling when it all goes well.

Latest posts

Back