Buffing on acrylic before applying gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oni

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am new to qualify in gel polish. I have a question that I hope you can help me out with please . I have been trained to buff the nail with a soft grit file to remove shine on natural nail before applying gel polish . But my question is Do I buff a acrylic nail with a soft grit file before applying gel polish ?

If you have applied enhancements, you would finish shaping with a 180 grit file and don't buff smooth. The gel polish needs the rougher surface to adhere. Dust off the nail or cleanse then go straight into your colour, skipping base coat.

If you haven't applied the enhancements, but your client is already wearing them and you are just polishing over, then go over the nails with a white block (which is usually 180 grit) before your gel, again skipping base coat.

Hope that helps x

If you have applied enhancements, you would finish shaping with a 180 grit file and don't buff smooth. The gel polish needs the rougher surface to adhere. Dust off the nail or cleanse then go straight into your colour, skipping base coat.

If you haven't applied the enhancements, but your client is already wearing them and you are just polishing over, then go over the nails with a white block (which is usually 180 grit) before your gel, again skipping base coat.

Hope that helps x
Thank you this helps a lot X

Latest posts

Back