Buffing paste & Chamois Buffers - query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Classy Claws

Reaction score
Right I am sitting here filling my cart for my next order

I am always interested in trying new things.... so heres my Q

Buffing paste and those hand held Chamios buffers, when do you use them, what sort of finish do they give... where would this fit in, in the finishing filing?

should I be bothered?

I have one of those sets, I use them for manicures...IMO they give an okay shine if your willing to put the effort into it. I have heard that buffing cream with a chamois buffer bit for your e-file is a pretty good combo...have yet to try it, I have to find a buffing bit first.

I have tried these in the past and feel you get an ok shine, for loads of effort. Not worth it in my opinion.

Yes you do this at the end of a service on natural nails or on enhancements. I myself always use the EZ Flow Snow Monkey file, which is a 2 sided buffer that has a very fine grit on one side to eliminate scratches, then you have a chamois side that you apply a buffing cream to called Miracle Shine to. When you buff the nail properly before doing this, then when you use the snow monkey, you will get a shine that looks like glass in so little effort.

I never use anything else.

I know there are other makes too of similar things, but this is my all time favourite.

i agree snow monkey and miracle shine from ezflow is fantastic

You are doing well to find anywhere that sells the buffing paste, we were taught to use it on my course with a chamois buffer but I couldn't find anywhere that sold the paste.

Snow monkey & miracle shine for me too! not looked back since, except when clients want a gel topcoat of course :)

imo they are hard work for an ok finish. Creatives Girlfriend buffer or their Glosser board give a much better finish by far, they're a lot quicker and a lot less effort. x

You are doing well to find anywhere that sells the buffing paste, we were taught to use it on my course with a chamois buffer but I couldn't find anywhere that sold the paste.

sallys and lots of other places sell the paste, online places like salons direct, and few others do it too

i was taught this in college, and as previously said, it can give nice finish if you put lots of hard work in, but a glosser or good buffer gves much better finish for much less work, when ive used up my supply i will not be buying anymore

hths xx

okay thanks Geeks, I will give it a miss then, sounds like too much hard work for hands with RSI.

okay thanks Geeks, I will give it a miss then, sounds like too much hard work for hands with RSI.

i suffer from RSI but id be lost with out my ezflow miracle shine and snow monkey buffer combo... totally saves over working my elbow and arm... trust me! :)

Jess
xox

i suffer from RSI but id be lost with out my ezflow miracle shine and snow monkey buffer combo... totally saves over working my elbow and arm... trust me! :)

Jess
xox

Yep i use Magic Shine buffers, and sometimes the Green CND one, brilliant.. was just curious about these chamios buffers... but now I have taken it and the paste out of my cart its left me room to upgrade the foil kit i want lmao.. win all round

When we were at college we used this stuff,indeed I probably still have it somewhere.....hidden in the depths,lol

In all honesty it's not used in most salons,its like using vaseline used on eyebrow waxing, so you don't wax any hairs you dont want to wax off by accident:eek:.Anyway,I have never seen it used in salons but if you wanna use it yourself,yes sally's sell it but it's not cheap.:green:

Latest posts

Back