Builder gel as Swarovski glue?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkletips

Reaction score
Hi ladies I did a search before posting this but seem to find any definite answer, can I use builder gel to secure Swarovski crystals? this seems in theory like the best way as i'm not having the best luck with glue as it sometimes goes white when I top coat with gel?? has anybody discovered a new or better way?

I use gel to hold my swarvoski crystals on the nail -I finish the nail as normal and then add a thin layer of gel to where ever I want to place the crystals. Cure and then dot gel in between to add a little extra strength. I don't top coat over the crystals.

thanks beauty tips xx can I use this on gel polish too? I don't see why it wouldn't work as long as I buff the little spot i'm about to the crystals to first? I can get the little ones to stay no worries but anything like the ss12 and bigger they just don't want to stay put for me:confused:

No probs!
I do it this way over regular polish and gel polish before I put the top coat on. I top coat around the crystals then for gel polish but after top coat for regular polish.
Before curing the gel where you've put the crystals just wipe around the edges so you can't see it though :)
I did try setting the crystals in the gel top coat but they didn't seem to last as long for me.

No probs!
I do it this way over regular polish and gel polish before I put the top coat on. I top coat around the crystals then for gel polish but after top coat for regular polish.
Before curing the gel where you've put the crystals just wipe around the edges so you can't see it though :)
I did try setting the crystals in the gel top coat but they didn't seem to last as long for me.
great thank you xx now I gotta get me some builder gel haha

Latest posts

Back