Builder gel - help please :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaigeRosexxx

Reaction score
Can you mix builder gels?
I did a more pinky colour today on a regular client and you could see the difference I feel awful
If they want a complete new colour do I soak off and re do?

I don't understand the question

If they pick a different colour then there will be a difference, you will need to know this and advise them of their options - removal and new set - opaque colour over the top to camouflage the difference - full colour - etc.

I don't understand the question

If they pick a different colour then there will be a difference, you will need to know this and advise them of their options - removal and new set - opaque colour over the top to camouflage the difference - full colour - etc.
So builder gel comes in different colours
I did a different builder gel on top of a different colour as an infill and you could really see the difference, I said she should go for a gel polish on top she said no.. I thought you could mix builder gels x

I know builders come in different colours but what's the point in mixing you'll still have a different colour to the original so there will still be a difference. Unless you use a darker or more opaque colour then use it all over not just the infill area.

If she refused your suggestion to solve the issue why are you feeling awful? It was her choice

A way round this in future would be to use a clear builder gel as a base and file back to this at infill time.

@PaigeRosexxx I can see from your other posts that you use the TGB BIAB. I've seen many infill videos from TGB users and it seems that it's not being filed down thin enough before re-application. All of my BIAB sets have a thin clear coat as the first layer. So at the next appointment, I can file back all of the colour builder, back to the clear layer. That way you never need to try and match or blend two different colours. You just start again from the clear coat.

It's your responsibility as the nail tech to be keeping an eye on the natural nail condition, looking for lifting, greenies, nail separation etc. If you're not filing the BIAB away thin enough so that you can see the natural nail, this can be dangerous for your client's nails.

Hope this helps!

@PaigeRosexxx I can see from your other posts that you use the TGB BIAB. I've seen many infill videos from TGB users and it seems that it's not being filed down thin enough before re-application. All of my BIAB sets have a thin clear coat as the first layer. So at the next appointment, I can file back all of the colour builder, back to the clear layer. That way you never need to try and match or blend two different colours. You just start again from the clear coat.

It's your responsibility as the nail tech to be keeping an eye on the natural nail condition, looking for lifting, greenies, nail separation etc. If you're not filing the BIAB away thin enough so that you can see the natural nail, this can be dangerous for your client's nails.

Hope this helps!
Thank you:)

Latest posts

Back