Builder gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Castlebeauty

Reaction score
Been asked by a client for builder gel before a gel polish application.

Would brisa be fine to use a builder gel?

Or what would other recommend

Thanks xx

I would imagine it would be ok but what I would be questioning is why you are letting your clients dictate what you use :) .

Has she not got on with a gel polish ? What are her reasons for requesting this . It is really up to you as the nail technician to suggest what is best for her nails not the other way around :)

I would imagine it would be ok but what I would be questioning is why you are letting your clients dictate what you use :) .

Has she not got on with a gel polish ? What are her reasons for requesting this . It is really up to you as the nail technician to suggest what is best for her nails not the other way around :)
I don't understand your reasoning. If a client wants a particular service, what is wrong with asking for it?

Because as the nail technician we are best placed to decide which is the best treatment for a client . If this customers nails are not lasting with gel polish then I would have suggested myself that she go for a hard gel underneath. Nothing wrong with client asking but I stand by what I said and that is as technicians is is our duty to provide and advise our clients :)

Last edited:
I used the brisa underneath and then applied shellac over it.

Looked good. Her nails are prone to cracking etc so that's why she wanted the hard gel as a base.

Latest posts

Back