Builder gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natsnails1975

Reaction score
Hi 👋
Can anyone recommend the best builder gel products please 🙏 xx

For builder in a bottle, I really like Nailchemy Fiber Gel or Mint Tint Builder Gel x

Nsi is great

Cnd plexigel

CJP BOB is a dream, I use the rubber base first before going in with my BOB layers, my clients are getting 4 weeks + I was ill for most of January and one of my BOB clients didn't want to elsewhere and I was fully expecting her to have breakage and missing nails when I returned to work as it had been over 7 weeks and they were all still on, intact, no lifting, no breaks, just a lot of growth!
Almost all my gel polish clients have switched to it as they like being able to have them longer than they can get them without snapping and going back short and trying to grow them again like with gel polish and a few of my acrylic clients who only have short - medium salon length nails have switched to BOB and are getting on great with it.

Whatever you choose be sure it is a tried and true brand. The market is flooded with new brands trying to grab a piece of the business.

The hype may or may not be true. And with the steep prices it’s impossible to try them all.

The ‘best’ for me is the one with years of R & D. The one that is a leader in education and science.

I’ve used all manner and brands of hard and soft gels for many years. I use Shellac exclusively for gel polish and Plexigel Shaper for extra weight and Builder for extensions or thicker overlays.

Being on different sides of the pond may give us access to different brands. But, don’t we all have a good time helping people to feel a bit better? It’s needed. Who else gets to hold people’s hands all day and maybe offer comfort,too?

CJP BOB is a dream, I use the rubber base first before going in with my BOB layers, my clients are getting 4 weeks + I was ill for most of January and one of my BOB clients didn't want to elsewhere and I was fully expecting her to have breakage and missing nails when I returned to work as it had been over 7 weeks and they were all still on, intact, no lifting, no breaks, just a lot of growth!
Almost all my gel polish clients have switched to it as they like being able to have them longer than they can get them without snapping and going back short and trying to grow them again like with gel polish and a few of my acrylic clients who only have short - medium salon length nails have switched to BOB and are getting on great with it.
Thank you where did you do your training for this xx

It really depends what your definition of "best" is :)

- In a jar or a bottle?
- Viscosity: low, medium, high?
- Self-levelling or not and to what level?
- Thixotropic or not and to what level?
- Intended uses: tips, overlay, basic extensions, advanced nail shapes, competition use
- Concerned about allergy risk or not?
- Price range?

The answers to these questions will also depend on each persons level of knowledge, experience and technique.

Latest posts

Back