Building a business & advertising?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misskimsi3bee

Reaction score
Heya all,
So, I currently work full time so 4-5 days a week in a spa which I love, however I am trying to get my own hairdressing/beauty business off the ground also. I want to be completely self employed in the next 3-5 years.

I am mobile as I live at home trying to save money at the moment. Eventually I would love to work from home when we get a place. I have around 5 regular monthly clients which is great, but would love to ge some more.

I advertise on Facebook, have my own business cards ands pricelists...is it worth having a website too?

Any ideas on bringing in clients will be appreciated. Any tips on working full time whilst building a business on the side would be fab, as I do my clients evenings and days off...and it can get so tiring but I understand that's one off the things you have to do until it is time to go fully self employed.

Do you have a Facebook page? I couldn't have built my business without it. You could offer completions which mean clients have to share your page or post etc, post loads of pictures.

Do you have a Facebook page? I couldn't have built my business without it. You could offer completions which mean clients have to share your page or post etc, post loads of pictures.

Sorry to butt in .. But when I did have a page I did a few like and share competitions but I couldnt tell how many had shared it half the time and the times it said at the top 7 shares - i couldnt tell who had actually shared it?

How can you tell? Or had it changed since Jan 2015? (When i was on there) x

Nope, you won't necessarily see who shares it as it depends on yours and their FB settings. It's a pain. Plus asking people to share your page/post for a competition is actually against FB rules.

Oh is it?! Oops!! Wont be doing that when i get back on then xx

Yes to fb page and website, you can build a website very easy, I use zola but that was er ago so I'm sure you can get an updated one. I pay to sponsor a post on my fb page rather than run comps, works better for me x

Latest posts

Back