Building a business when still working?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunflowerfi

Reaction score
Anyone done or doing this? How do you stay motivated? I'm taking clients evenings and weekends but find it exhausting at times. I absolutely love it, it's my regular job I hate. I just want to fast forward and know that one day I'll be a successful full time therapist either mobile or have My own room xxx

I'm doing this. I gave up my part time job when I first started out, only to take on a new job 12 months later. (I couldn't handle the irregular income)
I now work 16 hours a week
Mon 9:30-2:30
Tues 9:30-2:30
Wed 9:30-2:30

Then salon times
Mon 3-8pm
Tues 3-8pm
Wed 3-8pm
Thurs 9am-8pm
Fri 9am-6pm
Sat 10am-5pm
I also have a husband and two daughters and I'm exhausted.
I would love to give my day job up but I'm just a chicken as the hours are like gold dust.
What are your working hours?

Wow you have great hours... What is your regular job? I'm a teaching assistant... I hate it. Dread everyday at the moment. I work 8.30-3.30 every day but Friday when I finish at 1pm .
If I could find a job just 3 days a week that would be great but they seem hard to come by. Xxx

Hi, I worked full time, then 16 hrs and now 12 hours over Tuesday and Wednesday, then clients Monday, Tues and Wednesday evening and Thurs and Fri, I don't think I'd ever give up my part time job, as much as I love being a therapist it's great to do something else xx

I am currently working part time in retail and starting to try and build up a nail business on evenings and days off.

It is very difficult, but it's the passion for doing nails and knowing that I want beauty to be my full time job, and for me to be calling the shots being my own boss that is keeping me motivated :)

Same here. I wouldn't be too bad if I didn't dislike my day job so much. The kids I work with are really difficult and the class teacher is horrible to me. Hoping to find alternative part time work over fewer days xxx

Latest posts

Back