Building a Clientele!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LUVNAILS

Reaction score
I have been having a hard time building a clientele, the salon that i work in is not in a mall or in plain site. The girls that I work with have all been doing nails 10+ yrs, I have been doing them for about 2yrs( I had taken over a nail techs clientele and she came back and they are gone). I have made up flyers advertising specials, I am taking classes to improve my skills but I am looking for some creative ways to build up a clientele and keep one. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :D

As I work from home, I have never advertised. I use my existing client base (which was like, 2!) to help me build my book.

I offer my clients a $10 discount for each new client they send me, and at the moment I have a Refer-A-Friend competition. Every time a client sends me a new person I put their name into a draw. On 28 Feb I will draw a name out and they will win a home care pack (lotion, oil, top coat, file, etc).

I always thank my clients for their referrals with a little postcard that says something like 'I enjoyed meeting your friend <insert name here>. Referring my services is one of the nicest compliments a person can give!'

I make every experience with a client one to remember so they will tell all their friends about me. I also promote gift vouchers for birthdays, Mothers Day and Christmas. This gets some new clients in as well.

Hope this helped :)

'I enjoyed meeting your friend . Referring my services is one of the nicest compliments a person can give!'
Very nicely said! Good idea..can I use that? :D

Sure you can!!!! :D

I also do the Referal program. I give the Client my bright Orange & Zebra
business card for them to easily spot and 5 extra simple white & black cards to have them sign their name on & give to their friends. Then as the NEW client returns the signed card I credit my customer with $5 off their next service. I also tell them that they can save it up or use it anytime they like. This has worked very well. Another promotion that I do is to run a special with card only. I had clear labels printed up with a New Set price & it states..."With This Card Only". If they don't have the card, then I can choose to not honor it. I have yet to have anyone not bring it back. This is nice because I can get full New Set price for call ins., but yet also get new clientel with the "Special". I can leave cards or hand out as many as I want to and haven't felt overrun by this special. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back