Building a clientele?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevergivingup

Reaction score
How long did it take you? Due to moving I am starting again, I am renting a chair on a % in a salon been there 6 weeks now and living it, have done leaflet drops, sign out side the salon and have gotten a couple of regulars now, has anyone got any other advice? I am going to do a refer a friend too.

How long did it take you? Due to moving I am starting again, I am renting a chair on a % in a salon been there 6 weeks now and living it, have done leaflet drops, sign out side the salon and have gotten a couple of regulars now, has anyone got any other advice? I am going to do a refer a friend too.

There is a great thread on Biz Geek, ive been reading through. x

Ive built mine over the last 17 years.Some have been with me since training and ive gained many along the way!
I get refferals from word of mouth so once you start the ball rolling people should start appearing out of curiosity,that always works with our graduate stylists.
Its taken them about 6 months to build upto about 65-70% busy and its mainly word of mouth as we dont advertise in papers/mags etc just our a board outside (we are in a tiny village off the beaten track!) and our f book page and website.
It will happen slowly but steady as they say!
Good luck x

Ive built mine over the last 17 years.Some have been with me since training and ive gained many along the way!
I get refferals from word of mouth so once you start the ball rolling people should start appearing out of curiosity,that always works with our graduate stylists.
Its taken them about 6 months to build upto about 65-70% busy and its mainly word of mouth as we dont advertise in papers/mags etc just our a board outside (we are in a tiny village off the beaten track!) and our f book page and website.
It will happen slowly but steady as they say!
Good luck x

Thanks, I just get a bit panicky when I'm quite lol, going to get the refer a friend cards sorted today

It's always difficult to build up in a new area as nobody knows you.
Just remember you are ALWAYS your best advert where ever you are , tescos , having a curry or in the pub, so look the biz at all times. First impressions count. Always give the best service, be professional and go the extra mile for your client.
Put an ad in the paper to tell joe public you have arrived at xsalon and what treatments you offer.
Maybe put a cut price offer on for x amount of weeks on colour to get some footfall trough the door.

Good luck

The thread is more ways to promote yourself! Brilliant thread loads of ideas, remember it takes time, why not do a discount if they rebook that day of there appointment of that makes sense.

The thread is more ways to promote yourself! Brilliant thread loads of ideas, remember it takes time, why not do a discount if they rebook that day of there appointment of that makes sense.
Thanks will look it up

It's always difficult to build up in a new area as nobody knows you.
Just remember you are ALWAYS your best advert where ever you are , tescos , having a curry or in the pub, so look the biz at all times. First impressions count. Always give the best service, be professional and go the extra mile for your client.
Put an ad in the paper to tell joe public you have arrived at xsalon and what treatments you offer.
Maybe put a cut price offer on for x amount of weeks on colour to get some footfall trough the door.

Good luck

That's great advice than you x

Latest posts

Back