Building a home salon question...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jujojones

Reaction score
Ok ladies and gents... I'm currently going through plans for an out building for a beauty salon in te garden.... I can't seem to find a simple, straightforward answer so I'm hoping one of you will help.... I'm I required to have a disabled toilet and disabled access?? More concerned with the loo. Also if I had a shower room would that need to be disabled access?? Thanks clever geeks x

Could you not just go for a wet room? would solve the problems x

Yes its on option , however a lot more expensive, but still would like to know if I would need all the facilities that go with disabled access, ie min space required, rails, lower loo, sink etc.

Why not just ask your planning department at the local authority, they should be able to tell you exactly what they require? hth xx

Why not just ask your planning department at the local authority, they should be able to tell you exactly what they require? hth xx

Thanks, I have done but its a waiting game now as they have to put it through planning so no straight answer till then, just wanted to see what other people have done as I know there have been a few on here who have converted outbuildings x

Hi

Could you maybe pop some info on your website that if mobility is a problem home visits are available?

My home salon (when it ever gets finished!) is up the stairs so no disabled access at all which considering I used to be in a wheelchair is pretty bad I never even thought of it!

Thank you for bring this up - I think I will put a note on my contact us page of my website (currently in progress) and also state again on confirmation emails if mobility is a issue I offer mobile appointments which would be a way around it but not sure if you'd like to be/can be part mobile?

x

Hi

Could you maybe pop some info on your website that if mobility is a problem home visits are available?

My home salon (when it ever gets finished!) is up the stairs so no disabled access at all which considering I used to be in a wheelchair is pretty bad I never even thought of it!

Thank you for bring this up - I think I will put a note on my contact us page of my website (currently in progress) and also state again on confirmation emails if mobility is a issue I offer mobile appointments which would be a way around it but not sure if you'd like to be/can be part mobile?

x

That's a brilliant idea!! Thank you!! X

Latest posts

Back